Today is my birthday

Options
It's my birthday today and I received many cupcakes, muffins, and baked goods with my friends. I've lost about 6 pounds so far in about a month and a half. Will it be ok to eat lots and lots and lots of empty calories today? Like around 2000 maybe

Replies

• mostlypaleo
    Options
    I also have been eating very healthily, treating myself maybe once a week at the most. My net calories come out to be around 1200 WITH exercise.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! It won't hurt to splurge today, but idk if I'd go to that extreme. Have a cupcake, and something for dinner you usually wouldn't allow yourself. That's what I'd do anyways, but hey, it's YOUR birthday!
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!

It is my birthday tomorrow, so if you want to unload a cupcake, send it my way. ;)
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!

If you choose to indulge, you may find that what you used to enjoy isn't so great anymore--but whatever you decide, enjoy and move on! You're doing great!
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! A small splurge, maybe like Kimberly said. I am learning to think in consequences more than impulses. It helps a lot!!
  • anntyson
    anntyson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday...Let Today B UR Cheat Day!!!
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I would still stay on track and eat it in moderation. Of course treat yourself its your birthday for goodness sake but don't over do it cause then your going to be feeling like maybe I ate to much cake etc. Enjoy yourself!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! While it's okay to splurge a little because it's your birthday...don't go over board and eat lots and lots of empty calories. You don't want to "undo" the 6 lbs you've lost.
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Have 1 cupcake to celebrate (ok... I'd probably have two!) then freeze the rest for future treats... or give them to your local homeless shelter, soup kitchen.....whatever,
  • mostlypaleo
    Options
    Ok. I've had one huge pumpkin muffin so far and half of a large chocolate cupcake...I'm thinking that's all of the baked goods I'm going to have today! And thank you all for the birthday wishes
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    eat a few but not all...its not gonna hurt you in the long run. BTW....happy D-day:)
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Eat the dang cupcakes! Do you wanna go through your life never tastefully enjoying a holiday again? Enjoy your birthday. you won't derail nearly two months of effort in one day (did you lose that 6 pounds in one day? No! So don't think you'll gain it in one either)
    Happy Birthday. Have fun
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! Have fun and get back on track tomorrow. Like others have said, you won't gain it all back in a one day splurge and you will most likely find that you can't/don't want too much "junk" anyhow. Freeze the rest for later or share.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Can you freeze some to pace them out?
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! Enjoy a cupcake or two just don't make yourself sick. My body is getting used to healthy eating and I find I actually don't feel well if I eat heavy foods.

Indulging one day and being good the rest of the week should even out. Maybe get an extra walk in every day for the next week to make up for it. We went on vacation last month and I had buffet 3 times (but I still was careful), ate burgers at Hard Rock Cafe twice, did a lot of extra walking and only gained 2/10 of a pound!