what scales?

Options
Can someone recommend me some scales for my house. as in bathroom scales. will any ones do? I don't want to spend much but want them to be accurate. need to be digital as I have poor eyesight to read the other ones. I'm in the UK. thanks!

Replies

• nevermore99
    Options
    Last week I bought Weightwatchers Scales at Sainsbury's for 9 quid, and I'm quite happy with them.

With the consumer scales you will always have some problems, but the best way would be to buy just about any scales, test them as follows:
    - weigh yourself once,
    - weigh someone else a few times as digital scales get consistent readings by remembering last few results,
    - weigh yourself again with an object of known weight.

All your results should be consistent - if not just return the scales as faulty.

Try to remember that despite the name "bathroom scales", modern scales can be damaged after a single day in a humid bathroom.
  • tanda12
    Options
    Do you mean each time I use them do this? as in weigh someone else? thanks
  • livingwithlam
    Options
    I recently got this scale off of Amazon.com, and am very pleased with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348332117&sr=8-2&keywords=scale

I do realize however, that that kind of scale is pricey. However, the LED light is bright and the numbers are large. I don't have vision problems, but if I did, I seriously doubt I would have trouble reading the scale. The scale also seems accurate, I often step on the scale 3 times in a row and the weight is consistently the same. But, if the price is too much for you, I'd suggest looking at the cheaper alternative scales under the "EatSmart" brand.

Good luck!
  • nevermore99
    Options
    No, you just need to do it once - to check whether the scales should go back to store.