9.2lbs lost in 10 days?

Options
This has gotta be water weight, right? I'm losing wayyyyy too fast!

(By the way, my food diary is open to the public, so if you have any suggestions -- feel free to comment. :))

Replies

• cwanek726
    cwanek726 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It depends on how recently you started your new meal plan. If it was only 10 days ago, it's entirely possible that you could have lost that much weight so quickly and then have it stabalize relatively soon.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    A high percentage of it is likely to be water weight. It's ok. This happens to lots of people when starting out. Keep up with good habits and you'll keep moving in the right direction. Good work so far and good luck!
  • gleam359
    Options
    weight loss is from Sept 1st-today....
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 Ibs in my first week then 2 Ibs in the second. In my third week now and scales don't appear to be budging. Not in a panic, you shouldn't read too much weekly weigh ins, monthly is better to go by. But don't worry it will slow down, just enjoy your success! Well done!
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    lost 12 pounds first 13 days of P90X. no eating fast food 5 nights a week and drinking a bunch was stopped plus P90X. Then sat at 213 for 4 weeks going through program. So yep it happens
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It will slow down. First week is always like that if you have a lot to lose. I did 13# in my first 10 days. Toward goal it is like pulling teeth!
  • psv1012
    psv1012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It is totally possible that it is water weight, I think it also depends on how much weight you have to lose. I lost 9 my first week, and I had about 100 to lose. I have tapered off now to 2 pounds a week,and I have been dieting for about 7 weeks. Keep your calories above 1200 and you should be fine. Do not starve yourself, I am an old pro at screwing up my metabolism,it doesn't work to starve. Good luck,and you are off to a great start .
  • livingwithlam
    Options
    weight loss is from Sept 1st-today....

I started logging on the 13th, though. :tongue:

Also, I started at 193lbs. I'm looking to lose about 50.. I'm down to 183.8lbs as if this morning. Just seems a bit fast. Not exactly complaining though, I truly am an "instant gratification" kind of person -- do something, get a reward. ^_^ But I know weight loss isn't like that. So I'll enjoy the fast start while I can.

Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou: