Introducing myself with a goal in mind

Options
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and I wanted to lose 30 pounds for January 2013. If you have great ideas on excerise, healthy foods or even motivation to keep me focused; please share.

Thanks,
Zelly

Replies

• JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hi. I also have that goal. :) I am on almost daily. I am currently doing Insanity, I already did one round of P90X. Going to do Insanity/P90X Hybride after my 60 days of insanity.

So you can add me if you like. :)
  • collegecourt2012
    Options
    Hey! I also want to lose 30 pounds by the new year. Feel free to add me :D
  • Zelikag1960
    Options
    Thanks I will add you ladies... hopefully we can all support each other( I sometimes fall off the wagon) but since this site, It has helped me alot- if you any great ideas keep in touch :smile:
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    This site has helped me a lot. Since June 12th I've only fallen off the wagon 1nce (this past week actually!) I've lost 19 lbs so far since June 12th as well (my ticker doesn't show that.) I'm looking to lose 20 more lbs by January :) I may decide to lose more but at this point that is my goal and I will see where I'm at. :) I'll add you as a friend and we can support each other!
  • Zelikag1960
    Options
    thanks OspreyVista
  • cosmic_starfish
    cosmic_starfish Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've found the best way to keep it going is to get lots of friends on here. Seeing encouraging comments from everyone when you've done a workout or lost a pound or two is so motivating. I joined a while ago and tried doing it on my own but I had no motivation so 'forgot' to fill in the diary or was 'too busy' to exercise. Started again this week and made some friends and now I find myself logging on in a morning to see how everyone got on the day before. Feel free to add me if you like, the more support and encouragement you can get the better!! :-)
  • dnoggle79
    Options
    My suggestion is find something you love an tackle that activity for exercise. I love to dance and I really like kickboxing so I do programs that involve one or both of those. I enjoy Zumba, Rockin Body, Turbo Jam & Taebo. I don't feel like I"m working out when I do those because it's something I enjoy and it's fun. I also walk with friends so the conversation doesn't make it feel like I'm working out.
    Good luck on losing 30lbs. I have much more than that to lose but 30lbs is on the way to my goal. :)
  • Zelikag1960
    Options
    Yes I have been on the site for about three weeks- but again wasnt as motivated as I am now...we shall all help each other; and its great when you have several people all wanting the samething.