HRM Question

Options
I just got and used my HRM for the first time. I followed all the directions and everything appeared to be working correctly. My question is that it showed my calorie burn to be 82 calories. I was doing Week 1 Day 1 of C25k. Does this sound right? I bought the HRM to monitor my heart rate more than for the calories burned section but I just wanted to make sure that everything works right.

week 1 day 1 consists of 22 minutes of walking and 8 minutes of running.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    What kind of HRM? Does it have a chest strap? Does it have the features that allow you to enter your personal info, such as gender, height, weight, activity level or any of that?

82 calories seems low - I burn more than that on a brisk 20 minute walk according to my HRM...
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It does have a chest strap and it allows for personal information. I thought that 82 calories seemed low as well. The heart rate monitor is a pyle sport. The heart rate seemed to be correct. I did a manual count 3x to make sure that was accurate. I was looking at a Polar HRM but my honey suprised me with this one and as usual did no research on it first.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    That's the hrm I use and our stats are similar - day 1 of the c25k (granted I was 180ish then) told me something around 300ish.
  • abigailmariecs
    Options
    Well at least it reads my heart rate correctly
  • abigailmariecs
    Options
    There is nothing like realizing you really are that person who can't read directions. I was only reading the decimal point on the calories burned. In my defense the decimals are smaller and KCAL is directly above it.