introducing myself :)

Options
Hi, i started dieting about 2 weeks, and excercising this past week. i am making sure that i am eating healthy, lean meats, fruits and veggies, soups, etc. So im pretty sure i am doing things the right way except one thing, i am constantly under my suggested goal for the calories which is 1200. I never ate too much, i just ate a lot of fast food. I now have cut that out of my life style completely. i havent lost any weight in the 2 weeks i have been doing this, well not according to my scale, but i can feel a difference in my jeans, and in myself. i have more energy and will power to do this. so i guess i was wondering how long does it take to start loosing, and also, how important is it that i stay as close to my calorie goal as possible and to eat back the burned calories from the excercise. Thanks for you help, and for so many helpful posts already.

Replies

• kendryk2001
    Options
    Dont forget when you exercise you gain more calories for the day! I think you are going to do just fine. I am Dawn and I constantly am under my goals daily, but when I notice it is because I have exercised alot! Add me as a friend if you want and I can help you somewhat.
  • karenbethrn
    karenbethrn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You need to eat your calories to burn anything, otherwise your body stays in starvation mode and grabs and holds onto whatever you eat. If you stay near your goal, eat small meals every 3 hours, you naturally boost your metabolism because your body knows its getting food again. That being said, if you pig out and eat one meal that is 1200 calories, that doesn't work. You may as well have just stuck that meal on your hips. Hope that helps! And welcome to MFP! I'm loving it!
  • simini77
    simini77 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I personally just eat my calorie allowance, and dont eat my exercise-earnt calories, I just see that as part of my weight loss, and to be honest, I dont feel I want to eat them, without stuffing myself needlessly!!

Feel free to add me, I've only been doing this 2 weeks, and I think we can all do with helping hands from friends in this long journey!! :)
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    If you are losing inches you are definately accomplishing something.
    I have been on MFP for almost two months. My weight loss varies. Some weeks I do not lose anything. Then all of the sudden I'll drop a pound or two. It is just a matter of perserverance. Keep doing what you have been doing you will get to your goal.
    As far as not meeting your calories I use things like roasted almonds and string cheese to help bring me a little closer to my calories. They both are awesome for protein.
    Keep up the great work! And welcome to MFP:-)
  • juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi. Kendra is right. You have to eat at least 1200 a day(of the right food) to lose weight.eat lots of veggies, without lots of sugar.It is also important to drink lots of water. Good luck, i know that you will do great.
    You can add me as a friend if you would like to.
  • sweetgalntx59
    sweetgalntx59 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here, Just wanted to chime in. lol Nice to meet all of you. Been dieting nearly all my life but Sept 24, '10 I had gastric sleeve. Done real good until around Dec last year then the weights just not been coming off. Yeah, I've been cheating some but with help from my dietician I'm trying to get myself back on track. She suggested I use this place to keep my food record. Good to know others are here and hopefully I'll be able to find some good recipes on here too. lol Ya'll are great.