Tips on losing baby weight?

Options
Hi there I'm new! So I am 5'5ft tall and pre-pregnancy I weighed in at around 132lbs. During my pregnancy with my first child I had gone up to 180lbs which is still my current weight.

I am going to eat 1200 calories a day but any other tips for shedding the baby weight? Without making your breasts sag by the way, I heard that losing weight too fast can have that effect.

Thanks guys :)

Replies

• mellp9
    mellp9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When was your child born? I just had my second child in April and am 5'5" and weighed 134 prior to getting pregnant. I didn't gain as much the second time and ended around 172. I don't really have any tips, but be patient and I'm sure it will come off. I think I lost 25 lbs in the first few weeks but then was stuck for months. I joined MFP three weeks ago and since then have lost my last 10 lbs. I eat around 1200 calories and I walk every single day in the morning for about 40 minutes. I try to make it to the gym about twice a week and do the elliptical.
  • kristineevans
    kristineevans Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy parenthood, it's stressful enough that putting yourself under too much pressure to loose weight, it took 9 months to put it on so have a realistic timeframe, you may find you need more than 1200 to get you through the day especially if your breast feeding ? I found walking everywhere pushing the pram really helped, good luck .
  • A_nori
    A_nori Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The single best thing you can do to help lose the weight is to breastfeed. It burns about 500 calories a day! If you are breastfeeding you will certainly need more than 1200 calories a day to keep your milk supply up. I currently have mine set at 1700 calories. I am 6 months PP and just started to get into shape again and am doing the same thing I always do when I want to lose weight, watching what I eat and getting excersize.

I am a SAHM right now and I find the hardest thing is nap time, I eat my face off when he goes down for a nap! So I have thrown out all the junk and we are only buying healthy food. Pushing a stroller or wearing your baby really ups the calorie burn, so going for walks with your baby is a great way to ease back into working out.