best time to weigh myself?

Options
When is the best time to weigh yourself? morning, afternoon, before bed and should it be done around the same time ? I get a break during the day betwen 9:30 and 12:30, I go to the Y then come home and weigh myself then have lunch, should I do it before I go to the Y?

Replies

• guyfromdogtown
    guyfromdogtown Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i would say,my opinion, weigh yourself mid morning between 9-10a.m. To be more accurate,do it at the same time everyday. They say you weight less right after you wake up,so thats why i say at 9 or so. Just my take on it :)
  • guyfromdogtown
    guyfromdogtown Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i would say,my opinion, weigh yourself mid morning between 9-10a.m. To be more accurate,do it at the same time everyday. They say you weight less right after you wake up,so thats why i say at 9 or so. Just my take on it :)
    in other words,weigh yourself about 3 hours AFTER you wake up.. :)
  • RSuta
    RSuta Posts: 60
    Options
    I wake around 4:45ish (snooze button) and leave the house at 6:10, should i weigh myself before I go to the Y and workout in mid morning ?
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    In the morning right out of bed, but it isn't when you weigh yourself that is that important, it is that you weigh yourself the same time of day each time you weigh in; as your weight fluctuates throughout the day.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    ETA: John beat me to it :D

Whatever time, just make sure it is consistent. I could easily "gain" a good 3-4lbs in a day just because I weighed myself on an empty stomach, vs weighing right after a hearty dinner.

I think most people like to do it in the AM before after a pee and before they have eaten, nude, since food , clothes and waste can easily change the numbers on the scale.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself in the morning after using the toilet.
  • lmoore1006
    lmoore1006 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As someone said, doesn't matter what time you weight yourself as long as you are consistent. I prefer to weight myself first thing in the morning right after I use the bathroom. I want what i consider my 'pure weight' without water/food as an addition,
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself in the morning after using the toilet.

I agree
  • RSuta
    RSuta Posts: 60
    Options
    Thank you everyone.... i will try to weigh myself when I wake in the morning. :happy:
  • jean701
    jean701 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I get up, go to the bathroom, bet in the buff, and weigh myself. It's best to weigh yourself af the same time each day, making sure you wear the same thing (if you have clothes on) each time. It's not the best idea to weigh yourself each day, since your wt can fluctuate daily;
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I get up, go to the bathroom, bet in the buff, and weigh myself. It's best to weigh yourself af the same time each day, making sure you wear the same thing (if you have clothes on) each time. It's not the best idea to weigh yourself each day, since your wt can fluctuate daily;

I always weigh myself naked as well. I don't think there's anything wrong with frequent weighing as long as you realize that there will be fluctuations. I weigh myself at least three times a week.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    when u wake up in the morning
  • Donnaovercomer
    Donnaovercomer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    first thing in the moring before you get dressed.
  • StarLeopard
    StarLeopard Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    And then add five to six pounds for the weigh-in at the doctor's office. At least that's true for men. We don't carry purses (well, most of us don't) and those key rings, cell phones and rolls of pennies add up quickly. I know 5 lbs. isn't a huge percentage in my case but it's the principle of the thing. I worked hard to get those five pounds off and there they are again with the stroke of a pen. :tongue: Oh, and I weigh daily when it's working for me and annually when it's not. Positive feedback is always a good thing.