LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Going to try this right now, thanks!
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    bumpity bump bump!
  • LOVE this recipe!

I'm making it now actually :) I like things very sweet, so one thing I did was to add a teaspoon of maple syrup to the batter -- it adds some calories, but I doubled the recipe, so that's divided over 8 muffins. Totally worth it :) It tastes so good and complements the pumpkin very well. (The batter, I mean... lol). I also added a touch of extra nutmeg.

I used Aria women's protein powder (great stuff, lots of calcium as well) which doesn't have a very fine grain, so we'll see. It mixed fine in the batter, though.

I'm also going to sprinkle a very thin layer of a sugar-nutmeg mix over the top midway through baking... it will brown as they cook for a burnt-sugar effect... yum :)
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    sounds sooo yummy! I love pumpkin muffins from dunkin donuts but they are 600 cal D: this seems like a much healthier alternative :)
  • LooneyBruni
    LooneyBruni Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nopeygirl
    Options
    very good....sure beats the pumpkin pie I am tring so hard to stay away from...thanx:smile:
  • sundaymiller86
    sundaymiller86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    amazing bump
  • miss_september
    Options
    bump
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    LOVE this recipe!

I'm making it now actually :) I like things very sweet, so one thing I did was to add a teaspoon of maple syrup to the batter -- it adds some calories, but I doubled the recipe, so that's divided over 8 muffins. Totally worth it :) It tastes so good and complements the pumpkin very well. (The batter, I mean... lol). I also added a touch of extra nutmeg.

I used Aria women's protein powder (great stuff, lots of calcium as well) which doesn't have a very fine grain, so we'll see. It mixed fine in the batter, though.

I'm also going to sprinkle a very thin layer of a sugar-nutmeg mix over the top midway through baking... it will brown as they cook for a burnt-sugar effect... yum :)

I love sweet too! Good call with the syrup! My last batch I added a few dark chocolate chips. I crumbled 2 of the muffins in my non fat Greek yogurt this morning with some fresh raspberries. (pumpkin and raspberries? weird, but it worked!)
  • workoutbarbie29
    workoutbarbie29 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this! Thanks!
  • ladyiq329
    Options
    I LOVE pumpkin anything, I can't wait to try this. I'm not familiar with the second ingredient. Where could I buy this and what brand oil did you use?
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pumpkin anything, I can't wait to try this. I'm not familiar with the second ingredient. Where could I buy this and what brand oil did you use?

The 2nd ingredient is my whey protein powder. You can use any brand that you like! My coconut oil is Nutiva.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am trying this now! 4 muffins are in the oven. I used 1 tsp. olive oil (all I had) and Target vanilla whey protein powder. I also used 1 tsp of agave. I hope these turn out nicely... I will keep you posted!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mine came out pretty good. Yes, they are a little spongey. If you want a more traditional texture, then add flour or oats. But I don't mind it and they "look" very pretty. Mine came out to 102 cals/muffin using olive oil (1tsp), a whole egg, and pumpkin pie mix (vs. pure pumpkin).

calories: 102
    carbs: 10
    fat: 3
    protein: 8
    sodium: 204
    sugars: 8
    35% vitamin A