50 lbs in 5 Months (Struggling a bit)

Options
Does anyone else do this is their head constantly? I find myself sitting in class and thinking "Well if I lose 2.5 lbs per week, that's ten pounds a month, so when this event rolls around I could weigh this, but if I lose this many a week I could be this weight so I'll have to have a deficit of this amount of calories so I can only eat this every meal and burn this amount every three days..."

It's all I can think about and it's driving me mad! I have a wedding in March that I am attending, where I will meet 3 of my best friends that I have met online. We met playing minecraft and have been talking ever since! I want to look my best, so I want to lose about 50 pounds by then. It sounds so simple in theory but I haven't lost any weight in the last nine months. I'm so stuck.

Basically what I'm asking is, how do you keep yourself from over-thinking all the time an just do it?

Replies

• mamafenton
    mamafenton Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

I do this all the time !! well, I used to.... now I just take each week at a time, I have no set weight that I want to be for the first time ever !
    I have found this has really helped me to stay focused funnily enough.

Like Minecraft, there is no END... you just keep at it until it is habit... I have lost 20lbs in 60 days so far by just doing it and not thinking too far ahead :)

Good luck !
  • StillChangingAmie
    Options
    Wow thank you! Great way to put it :] It's a challenge for me, I overthink literally everything but I'll be trying my best. Thanks again <3
  • CjsWifey
    Options
    I used to do this a lot, almost everyday when I was loosing weight before.. and I would beat myself up about it trying to figure out the perfect day to lose the most amount of weight and the most exercise.. I don't any more as much, I just track it all and do the best I can