My Small NSV

Options
I work on the top floor of a building which is 3-4 flights up (depending on which floor you're starting from). When I first started working 20 years go, walking the stairs was no problem. Over the years I gained weight and became less fit and the stairs would make me dizzy and winded so I started using the elevator. I started an exercise regime when I started MFP, and since getting a Fitbit, I started taking the stairs regularly instead of elevator. It's still not easy... I didn't realize how much I had improved until I went to lunch with a co-worker the other day, and we walked up together afterwards. He was seriously huffing and puffing and could barely talk by the time we got up there... but it barely affected me at all! And this guy is 12 years younger. So, it was nice to get this confirmation that yes, I HAVE become more fit!

It's good to remind myself of such things when the weight is not coming off as fast as I would like: I'm still healthier now than before.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!