Another Sunday night disapointed :(

missyannb85
missyannb85 Posts: 72
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
It's yet another Sunday evening of me sitting here sulking because I did so terrible this weekend. I ate whatever was put in front of my face, didn't record anything and still haven't started working out yet again. I was doing so good, what is my problem? I went to my mom's specificaly to use the treadmil and just sat there and never used it! Where has my motivation gone? My baby turns 1 in 3 months, My 2 year wedding anniversary is in 3 months, and i'm the Maitron of honor in my best friends wedding in September. I WILL NOT LOOK LIKE THIS FOR HER WEDDING. And I will lose 20lbs before my babies 1st birthday. I CAN DO THIS!!!! I'm trying to get my hands on the new Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, I have heard that it's a great workout. I WILL DO THIS!

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    I had the same horrible weekend, counting it as a loss. I hurt my lower back and have been taking anti inflammatory and muscle relaxants all weekend. Went to the gym Friday night even after I knew I had back pain and after ten minutes on elliptical I threw up the flag and left the gym.

Then Sat. took the kids to chuck e cheese and already pre-determined I was eating pizza and it went all downhill from there. Today superbowl, had more pizza and wings and caramel popcorn and no working out due to injury. Not sweating it though. I will bounce back tomorrow on the diet and as soon as my back gets better, back to the gym!
  • don't look back at what you didn't do. look forward to what you will do! and never forget...you CAN do it!
  • Don't beat yourself up. When you do this, you just make yourself feel bad. When you feel bad, you're more likely to slip up and eat what you shouldn't and if you don't feel good about yourself, you won't exercise for sure.

Just accept it and move on. Realize that just because you didn't do as planned, does not make you awful. The world will not end if you eat an extra piece of pizza or hang out on the couch instead of exercising.

You have time to try again. Wake up tommorow ready to try again! You can do it.
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    well dont give up!! u said that you can do this....so i bet u can!! just take it 1 day at a time......good luck!!
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    I am totally with ya! two days of non stop eating... ugh. Tomorrow is a new day with out mistakes :)
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    don't look back at what you didn't do. look forward to what you will do! and never forget...you CAN do it!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    don't look back at what you didn't do. look forward to what you will do! and never forget...you CAN do it!

This is nice - I like it! Really, for every aspect of life - thanks!
  • Everyone has slip ups.... do not worry about them. Tomorrow is a new day and with brings new opportunities to eat healthy and work out. So hit the treadmill tomorrow and eat healthy!
  • chelso1
    chelso1 Posts: 25 Member
    I am in your shoes alot also. Just dont give up, because in the end you will not be happy. If you have a bad weekend, just write out in a journal what you could do this coming weekend to make yourself feel great.
    I have the same problem with being the maid of honor in my sisters wedding this October, and I know how it is to try on dresses and not like any of them because you dont like the way you look. Just keep with it, and stick it out. You will soon develop a new routine and new movitavtion and WILL definatley lose all the weight you would like.

Good luck to you!!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    ...I went to my mom's specificaly to use the treadmil and just sat there and never used it!... ...I'm trying to get my hands on the new Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred...
    If you aren't doing the easy stuff, why give yourself something hard to do? If you get the Shred and it kicks your butt, you'll be less likely to keep up with it. You need small steps so that you can get motivation from simple successes.

First goal: log everything
    Second goal: eat smart
    Third goal: exercise

=D
    HTH
  • Hi. I know its depressing but tomorrow starts another week. I know we dont know each other but I weighed about 270lbs about 2 years ago. I got motivated and tired of looking at my Fluffy self in the mirror and lost 110lbs. The last 20lbs came off with the help of a personal trainer. He gave me a nutrition plan to follow to lose that last 20lbs. Would you like a copy of it? Its pretty simple it works great for someone whos on a budget. I started My fitness pal just to keep myself on track when i started feeling like i was getting the urge to go overboard on eating. Ive actually been able to maintain for about 1yr now and this page helps me do that with all the tracking and things. Youll get there, it just takes consistency and motivation
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 315 Member
    :sick: I know I messed up big time too this weekend! :explode: We just have to get back on the wagon tomorrow & be determined to set it all straight! I went terribly over today with Super Bowl snacks & I can't wait to work out tomorrow! I might do a little something tonight too!:ohwell:
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Looks like quite a few people didn't do so great this weekend, INCLUDING ME!! Last night was a girls night out and I though I could handle limiting myself but with a few drinks and all the snacks in front of me, I had no self control...I feel soo bad about it today and couldn't even begin to count everything out that I ate yesterday . . . . You are not the only one but we can pick ourselves up and start again tomorrow!! That's all we can do! Let's have a great week!
This discussion has been closed.