MFP calories and were successful losing weight?

Options
I have started eating the recommended amount for 1 to 2 pounds a week weight loss and I was wondering what everyone else is doing to achieve their goals. I lost weight in the past by following the Weight Watchers program and Slimfast but this is the first time I am just counting calories.

Replies

• benailes
    Options
    for me it's all about consistency. find fun activities to do that you can enjoy and look forward to.
  • burnooger
    burnooger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started doing this on May 7, 2012 and have lost 26 lb so far.. 240 lb to 214.. Goal weight 150 Good Luck!!
  • Pauly187
    Pauly187 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is my first time counting calories too and I am losing 2 lbs a week like clockwork...sometimes more but for the last three weeks it has been 2-4 lbs a week. Safe, slow, doable, no whacky schemes, and over time VERY EFFECTIVE! Good luck and stick to it! I am down 40 lbs so far. This really seems to work.
  • JudithNYC
    JudithNYC Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Like you, I had done WW before--several times as a matter of fact. Could not deal with the hunger.

This time I am counting calories and feel satisfied most of the time.

I have been eating 1200 calories, which is the recommended amount so I can lose 1.5 pounds a week. I do not add or use the exercise calories because all I do is walk at a slow pace from 20 to 30 minutes and climb stairs for 5-10 minutes several times a week.

I divide the calories into three meals and one or two light snacks (usually fruit).

I will be 63 in six weeks and thought that it would be hard to lose weight this time but I am glad to report that in three weeks I have lost 11 pounds. (I don't care if what they say about these first pounds is true--that they are mostly water. plus I don't believe it anyway. hehe)

I am all fired up and truly believe this time I will make it!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I have lost all my weight with the recommended calories from mfp or less
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thank you all..I have so much to lose again and I am no longer nursing so I wanted to know what to do. Most websites gear you towards losing 1 pound a week. If I follow those recommendations I will only lose .5 if none at all. That is how my body works, I think I will set my calories to 1.5 pounds a week and give it a try.
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I started June 7th and have lost 21 pounds, I walk 4 miles 4 to 6 days a week and keep my calories right at 1200 some days more some days less. MFP has me set at 1200. You will have weeks that you will lose and you will have weeks that you may not but the key is to hang in there and not give up, it will be so worth it in the end. You can do this all of us on here are living proof. Best wishes to you:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!