Farewell type 2 diabetes and Hypertension.

Options
Been dealing with diabetes and high blood pressure for about 7 years. Not only have I shed 49 lbs in my 3 1/2 months on my fitness pal I'm now considered diabetes free with normal blood pressure. I'm only half way towards my goal and already having amazing results. If I have to log my food everyday for the rest of my life to keep my health in order then so be it. I'm excited about my future. Thanks MFP.

Replies

• tarleyana
    Options
    HOORAY FOR YOU!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! KEEP IT MOVING!!!!!
  • tannyasawyer
    tannyasawyer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, must make a huge difference to how you feel. Good going!
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I am proud of you and the choices you made
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats my brother on your success. Keep up the good work.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Congrats....gives me hope that I can do the same one day.
    DM is recent (since May) but HTN for years along with lipid issues. Would love to get rid of both the meds & the diagnosis\
    Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Ah man that is so COOL, I'm Diabetic and so look forward to those days, keep at it and best of luck.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your profile picture shows a huge difference, but that is nothing compared to the changes you've made for your health!
  • bhfood
    Options
    awesome dude I have 50 lbs to lose and have both those conditions it's been 45 days only 4 lbs but 1 1/2" off my waist and blood sugar has been down lower than I ever had it since diagnosis. actually having hypoglycemic episodes occastionally. I hope I can whip it eventually too. you are a true inspiration
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    That's awesome news!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I too am a Type 2 Diabetic and am controlling mine with Diet and exercise and am/will be on Metformin... Keep up that Great Job!!
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That is SO impressive.

Thanks for the inspiration.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Congratulations. :)
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you are awesome! Keep it up!
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    Amazing! Big Congrats, that must be feel like another load of weight off your shoulders!
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very inspiring testimony. Keep it going.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your hard work has paid off!! My doctor took me off the Amaryl this past week because my fasting sugar was 55! Its now 90! Its a great feeling to have the meds monkey off your back. Continued success!!!
  • pinkrose99
    Options
    Wow! thats great, in only 3 months! I have been told Im verging on type 2 diabetes good to know it can be reversed with weight loss
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT accomplishments! Hope you're proud of your hard work - it's sure paid off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!