Attention Chocoholics!

Options

Replies

• pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    7638292228_8b0aeea016.jpg

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunks (4 carbs, 3 of which are fiber) & 84 calories.

Ingredients:
    12 Tablespoons Scharffen Berger Unsweetened 100% Natural Cocoa Powder (this particular brand has no alkali & a 1:1 carb/fiber ratio)
    6 Tablespoons Refined Coconut Oil
    6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
    4 Tablespoons Extra Crunchy Skippy Natural Super Chunk Peanut Butter
    1 cup Splenda with Fiber (or liquid sucralose equivalent to 1 cup)
    1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
    6 Tablespoons DaVinci sugar-free chocolate syrup
    2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
    24 mini tin baking cups

Directions:
    • Place mini cups on a baking sheet
    • Melt together coconut oil and butter in a medium-sized glass bowl
    • With a hand mixer, slowly pour in the cup of Splenda (or liquid sucralose)
    • With the hand mixer slowly pour in the cocoa powder.
    • Mix in the sugar-free chocolate syrup, heavy whipping cream, and Pure Vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed.
    • Put chunky peanut butter in a small glass dish and into the microwave until softened
    • Put about 1/2 Tablespoon of chocolate mixture into each of the tin cups & place into the freezer for a few minutes until hardened.
    • Once chocolate is hardened spoon 1/2 teaspoon of softened peanut butter over the chocolate in the tins
    • Cover the peanut butter with the remaining chocolate mixture and put back into the freezer for about 30 minutes or until throughly hardened, and place in a sealed container. Store in freezer.

Makes 24 servings
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I usually invest in good, very dark chocolate, like Lindt Swiss Bittersweet and other premium brands like that. I like my chocolate extra strong and bitter, and a little goes a long way. I have been able to break off just the number of squares/calories I want and be satisfied with that. It's especially awesome with a cup of coffee, and just a little chocolate becomes a special event in that case.
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Nutella is my yummy fix with some animal crackers, sometimes just in a spoon.

I wish I could keep Nutella in the house without eating it all within 2 days... :(

I can put it on just about anything and be happy lol. I have my 22 month old nephew hooked lol
  • princesskellie60
    princesskellie60 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and peanut butter sounds sinful, but a must try. Thanks for the idea!
  • neesha2zumba
    Options
    Shapes chocolate yoghurt is a nice fix but nothing like the real thing. Morrisons had Lindt chocolate on sample today I ate 3 pieces. Oops I forgot to log it too :blushing:
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I love my fiber one brownies, the ones in the USA are only 90 calories. As for hot coco mix Swiss miss has some that are 25 calories.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Ingredients:
    12 Tablespoons Scharffen Berger Unsweetened 100% Natural Cocoa Powder (this particular brand has no alkali & a 1:1 carb/fiber ratio)
    24 mini tin baking cups

Directions:
    • Mix in the sugar-free chocolate syrup, heavy whipping cream, and Pure Vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed.
    • Put chunky peanut butter in a small glass dish and into the microwave until softened
    • Put about 1/2 Tablespoon of chocolate mixture into each of the tin cups & place into the freezer for a few minutes until hardened.
    • Once chocolate is hardened spoon 1/2 teaspoon of softened peanut butter over the chocolate in the tins
    • Cover the peanut butter with the remaining chocolate mixture and put back into the freezer for about 30 minutes or until throughly hardened, and place in a sealed container. Store in freezer.

Makes 24 servings

O.M.G. That looks absolutely divine! And 84 cals! I am definitely making this! Thank you so much for posting!! You are my new best friend!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Ingredients:
    24 mini tin baking cups

Directions:

Makes 24 servings

Saving this for later! Thanks!
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I eat one dark chocolate Ghirardelli square (with sea salt caramel) a day. I just automatically include it in MYP journal in the mornings usually. It is like 60 or so calories for one...and so worth it to me! Oh, I like them chilled to so it takes me a little longer to eat it. I keep my bag in the freezer. :)

Another vote for the Ghiradelli squares. The 72% Intense Dark are 55 calories per individually wrapped square.
  • LadyElby
    Options

Wow this looks amazing! and it fits in my wheat-free lifestyle. Thanks so much!
  • kamalley
    Options
    Health food blogs like Dashingdish.com and chocolatecoveredkatie.com have been my savior. I make their healthy versions of desserts and chocolate every week so that when I do indulge in some chocolate, there's usually some nutritional content to it as well (like this: http://dashingdish.com/recipe/triple-chocolate-chunk-muffins/ ). Although warning for DashingDish- some of the recipes you have to be a paid member to see. But there are still plenty of free recipes, especially if you look at some of her older posts.

Another thing I do is I make myself a chocolate protein shake, either in the morning to take to work as my breakfast, or as my snack in the afternoon. I use 1 cup of original almond milk (60 calories), 1/2 scoop or up to 1 scoop of Optimum Nutrition Casein Chocolate Protein Powder (this seems to be the best chocolate protein powder I've found, it's 120 calories for 1 full scoop, 60 for half), 1 tbs of unsweetened cocoa powder (10 calories) & a few ice cubes. Sometimes I'll use a full scoop of the protein powder, depending on my activity for the day, or how many calories I've had for the day. I think adding a small amount of peanut butter or PB2 is something that would be really yummy too. It really hits the spot for me to have a yummy and nutritious chocolate shake.

Good luck!
  • adickershaid
    Options
    I like the Skinny Cow dark chocolate Dream Clusters. There are five in the pack. I try to make one pack last all day.
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For the hot chocolate with peanut butter, I found a packet at krogers for only 25 caloreis. It is kroger brand called dutch milk chocolate. Lots of good ideas on here..thanks =)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Products4973-635x575-105044.jpg
    17010006_lg.jpg
    Navitas-Naturals-Cacao-Nibs-Raw-Chocolate-858847000697.jpg
    Click_CLICK_-_Mocha.jpg
    These are my main chocolate sources. I also have a huge chocolate-tooth, and with these, I can go weeks without buying processed chocolate.
  • LadyElby
    Options
    Products4973-635x575-105044.jpg
    17010006_lg.jpg
    Navitas-Naturals-Cacao-Nibs-Raw-Chocolate-858847000697.jpg
    Click_CLICK_-_Mocha.jpg
    These are my main chocolate sources. I also have a huge chocolate-tooth, and with these, I can go weeks without buying processed chocolate.

Thanks so much! These are great suggestions, and it helps to have the pictures so I know what I'm looking for.

You guys are fantastic! Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions, and keep 'em comin'!!!!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Wow this looks amazing! and it fits in my wheat-free lifestyle. Thanks so much!

Just made the gingerbread dough recipe off that site. It's now my new favourite!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hershey's Bliss Dark (70%, can't do the higher stuff). 70 calories for 2 pieces. By adding a bunch of other stuff the calories go up and it isn't nearly as satisfying.
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Edit: Someone already posted Chocolate Covered Katie's blog - never mind!
  • elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any chocolate anymore. What I have done is bought chocolate protein powders. I mix it into oatmeal, the milk in my cereal, yogurt, etc. Sometimes I'll just use 1 tablespoon (usually around 20 calories) and I don't feel guilty because I know that it has no fat or carbs and 4-5 grams of protein!