Baby fat :-o

Options
i need help what kind of ab/stomach exercise works baby fat off the best that you can do in your home..???!!!

Replies

• Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i need help what kind of ab/stomach exercise works baby fat off the best that you can do in your home..???!!!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, ab exercises won't get rid of stomach fat. It'll tone your muscles in that region but you can't target weight loss.

If you want to lose the weight you need to do cardio. According to About.com, "when you lose fat it tends to disappear from the body in a fashion that is genetically determined. Some of us may be lucky enough to lose it from the abs first and others will see it hang in there on the stomach even when we start to shed from other areas. Exercising one part of the body may build muscle there, but it won't tend to show through until the fat is lost. You just need to be patient and wait and work it out."

http://weighttraining.about.com/od/techniquesandstrategies/qt/questions.htm
  • Amanda4825
    Options
    thanks for the tip i guess thats why i havnt seen no results :blushing:
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Do a lot of work for your transverse abs. The more core work, the better.
  • carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    After nine full term pregnancies (eight living children), believe me when I say I understand about "belly sag"! :ohwell:

I could deal with that, however, if it weren't for the REAL problem: Diastasis (sp?) - separation of the recti muscles.

There is about 4 1/2 - 5" separation on my transverse muscles. It's going to take A LOT of work to get them better!

I've found that the "Lose Your Mummy Tummy" book is helpful for information about this, and her strategies for exercising, conditioning and improving diastasis.

I've been doing it for a good month, and I DO notice a difference. I often wish it were FASTER, but I'll take anything at this point.

My tummy has lost an inch. I think that's improvement.

The HOPE is that in time, there will be more closure of those muscles. What happens, I guess, is that the woman looks like she is still expecting (round tummy - believe me, I know!) because the muscles that normally keep her organs tight within "fall forward" and "show" through the abdominal wall.

Those who are more well-read and learned than me are welcome to counter any of this, as I am just beginning to learn more about this.

But I'm thinking that "Foxfire9372" is the best answer you've received thus far!

NEED core work! Need focus on those transverse abs! And NEED to check for diastasis so you can "splint" those muscles and don't make it worse!

Carrie
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    Alot of rotation and iso workouts as well as weighted workouts...Abs are a type 2 muscle fiber you have to hit them with heavy weight and diff movements. Try doing alternating planks...reverse woodchops, leg lifts, ball lifts, flutter kicks, crunches with weight, side planks, hip dips etc
  • Amanda4825
    Options
    thanks... much needed informartion i guess regualr crunches are a waste... also anyone got any information on how to lose the fat on like the side of you stomach "love handles" ... i sure have problems:grumble: ha
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    Side Crunches there are some really really good ones but there hard to explain...side hip reaches and side elbow to hip