important

Options
what is the most important ones help you to loose weight. for example, protein ,fiber ,etc., i wanted to had two more to my mfp food diary

Replies

• baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    the only thing thats helps u lose weight is being in a calorie deficit. having the right amount of nutrients keeps u healthy.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • AronrFells
    Options
    not helping.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    what is the most important ones help you to loose weight. for example, protein ,fiber ,etc., i wanted to had two more to my mfp food diary
    Depends on what works for you. I track calories, carbs, fat, protein, sodium & fiber. A lot of my pals here track sugar or potassium, depending on their dietary needs or struggles.
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    Personally, I focus on meeting or going over my protein and fibre goals and staying under my carb and fat goals. That being said, I customized my protein and fibre because they were alarmingly low when you just go by the suggestions. At least 45 g protein and 24 g fibre for me. I also lowered my sodium goal to 1500, because really you don't need anymore than that.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I track Calories, Carbs, Fiber, Protein, Fat and Sodium. I don't cry if I go over on Fiber or Protein. I have tracked Sugars in the past, but I'm more interested in maintaining a good fiber intake.
  • smorrison1408
    smorrison1408 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I track my fiber in addition to the reg. stuff. I try to stay low on carbs, sugar, and fat, and high in protein and fiber. Then every few days I mix it up for a day just to keep my body guessing.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I find it useful to track fiber. I think MFP goals for fiber are too low, but it is useful for tracking anyway.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    not helping.

Just add what you like. None of them in themselves will make you lose weight. The question was answered in the first reply.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    the only thing thats helps u lose weight is being in a calorie deficit. having the right amount of nutrients keeps u healthy.

^^^ THIS That is all.
  • LuckyTerrier
    LuckyTerrier Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I track fat, carbs, protein, and sodium. Low sodium is important for heart health and it's very easy to go over without realizing it. I track the others because I want to make sure my calories are coming from a good balance of sources. It's not a good idea to eat ALL fats or all protein and very little of the others.
  • AronrFells
    Options
    Read this-. i weight in 221 pounds. how much calories i should be eatting my goal on here says 2180 is that to low for me. i should be loosing double digit. i keep loosing between 3 to 8 pounds. plus im gaining as well pass two week im still in the 20's and i wanted to keep it off. yes im doing everything right.
  • AronrFells
    Options
    Read this-. i weight in 221 pounds. how much calories i should be eatting my goal on here says 2180 is that to low for me. i should be loosing double digit. i keep loosing between 3 to 8 pounds. plus im gaining as well pass two week im still in the 20's and i wanted to keep it off. yes im doing everything right.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    trackin calories will determine ur weight loss. u must track the 3 macro nutrients fats, carbs, protein. ur ratio of these will go along way in determining ur body composition. if u r salt sensitive (ie people with high blood pressure) track sodium. if ur body makes to much cholesterol (found out by blood test) track cholesterol. u dont want to add to it by eating to often foods that r high in cholesterol(egg yolks) u can track fiber to make sure u r taking enough to help with digestion and keeping u regular. u can track sugar if u r at risk 4 type 2 diabetes. good luck:smile: