Chinese Food Dinner

Options
I had my meals all planned out for today- I was going to have a chipotle salad that i knew exactly how many calories it added up to. Instead I had chinese food. I had chicken with mixed vegetables and rice. Was that a horrible substitution?

Replies

• kimberlyaspen
    Options
    It doesn't sound too bad! Depending on the type of chicken & how much you had, I'm guessing it won't be too much different. Chipotle has veggies and rice, too, & you can get chicken in it, as well. If it's more calories, it wouldn't be by a lot.
  • bshibs
    bshibs Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound too bad! Depending on the type of chicken & how much you had, I'm guessing it won't be too much different. Chipotle has veggies and rice, too, & you can get chicken in it, as well. If it's more calories, it wouldn't be by a lot.

It definitely wasn't fried or battered chicken. I think it was all just stirfried or steamed.
  • chrisc16
    Options
    The place I go to regularly has diet dishes. The one I eat all the time is steamed chicken and vegetables, with about 1 cup of steamed white rice.

It's relatively healthy, if you don't gobble it down by the bucket full! :)
  • ashjdavis88
    ashjdavis88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There's an amazing chinese place right by my local Chipotle and I usually end up at Chinese instead of Chipotle too! haha anyway - steamed chicken and veggies and steamed rice isn't bad! Both Chipotle and Chinese are high in sodium so that's about the same and I am going to say Chinese probably had less calories depending on what you usually get. I usually get something off the "healthy" list tofu veggies or chicken and veggies and keep it a half cup of white rice.

Don't worry too much about it :)