Need some ideas for snacks that are low calorie!!

Options
Anyone have ideas for low cal snacking ideas, i love fruit and vegetables but sometimes want something sweet or something salty!! Any ideas are appreciated!!!

Replies

• fozzy33
    Options
    What has really helped me is the 100 calorie snack packs....I usually do the Emerald Almonds they come in a box with 8 packs I believe and are around 3 dollars. I also love the Orville Redenbachers Natural Garlic and Butter popcorn 1 cupped pop is 30 calories and its sooo good.
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    hi, i buy the 100 cal snack packs for when im in the mood for chocolate or something sweet. and since theyre pre packed, i know i wont over do it! good luck!!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Mmmm if your looking for a salt fix try miso soup. Its really high in sodium, but averages 20-30cal per bowl =)
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    HI Michelle, Have you tries edamame nuts. They are soy nuts that offer a lot of protein but little fat and calories and taste pretty good. Also I absolutely love chocolate but haven't had any in 6 weeks, what I do eat as a substitute are the jello sugar free pudding snacks. It gives me the choc. craving and only have 60 calories with no sugar. Oh and another I found is the Klondike sugar free ice cream sandwiches. Again 100 calories and no sugar. With the pudding and ice cream you also gain some calcium. i limit myself to one of these a day. OMG another one that just popped into my head, Orville Redenbacher has 100 calories mini bags of kettle corn. That take scare of the sweet and salty at the same time.LOL...Hope this helps. I always have a snack of carrot/celery sticks with roasted garlic hummus everyday so I know I can eat one of the more "Yummy" ones...LOL...Good Luck!!!:bigsmile:
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese or cherry tomatoes as a snack. I also ran across this very easy recipe for yogurt cucumber soup I want to try http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/cool-cucumber-soup-recipe/index.html

Nuts are good but you have to watch how many. 15 almonds comes out to about 100 calories. Doesnt sound like a lot but it kills the hunger until your next meal.

Good luck!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a great option. Especially almonds.
    -100 calorie trader joes organic yogurts
    -Crunchy snap peas
    -Apple (sliced)
    -Hummus and crackers (within 100 cals)
    -half whole wheat muffin with almond butter (1tsp)
    -laughing cow cheese wedge (low fat) with crackers
    -green tea with one small cookie
    - walnuts (halves)
    -Kashi graham bars (with fruit)
    -soy nuts
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Slimfast snack bars, Luna bars, sugar free pudding snacks, raisins, rice cakes, skinny cow.
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just picked up some snap pea crunches today and they are awesome good.. I also picked up some skinny cow chocolate truffle ice cream bars that are 100 calories per bar!! can't wait to try them but have to wait until tomorrow since i didn't work out today so dont have anymore calories :( I'm just glad i'm able to wait...
  • jessiebeatrice
    Options
    I love, love, love canned pineapple. Its really sweet and very low on calories.
  • sweldud
    sweldud Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    edys fruit bars.. you can find some other brands too. i found one that has only 14 calories per bar. Also the 60 cal jello snacks. The Jolly time popcorn has 100 calorie bags and they are the regular size bags, not the mini. also, pickles, fruit and veggies. Just a few ideas.