Pounds still the same but clothes are falling off!

Options
I am doing 1200 or less each day with moderate exercise and my weight has stayed the same for 2 weeks!

However, my jeans are falling down to my pelvic bone with lot's of space to gather up all the way around.

Why am I not seeing the pounds drop off in numbers?

I started on WW and lost 11 pounds, then switched to MFP about 3 weeks ago. Only saw a 3 pound loss, then nothing for 2 the past 2 weeks, and although I do not drink 8 glasses of water I do manage about 5-6 glasses, plus one cup of coffee or tea a day.

Anyone have this experience?

Replies

• gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory... NSV.... Enjoy it! It always happens sooner or later. keep it up. That's super1
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My best guess would be that you are losing fat, but your muscles are retaining water from the exercise. Once you get used to the exercise the water weight will subside and you will start to see the scale go down. Hope that helps!
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing... sometimes you tighten rather than actually lose.

Focus on the feel and not the numbers! If you are looking better and things are looser, then things are working! A number isn't everything!
  • pattyg1821
    Options
    Yes I know the feeling. I started weightloss journey on July 22 and august 4 started working out at gym immediately started slimming down and clothes become much looser. It really hasn't been until this month of September that I have really started loosing the pounds. I have lost between 15-17 pounds since July 25th.

It has been seeming that I will loose inches for while and stall on pounds then all of a sudden a few weeks shed pounds and no inch loss.
  • misskim80
    misskim80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me but i keep track of my meausrements and i have lost only 3 lbs but i have lost 4 in around waist and 4 around hips and 5 around thighs.

I am hoping to lose around 15 more but it is taking alot of work.
  • pattyg1821
    Options
    i posted this on another thread but I only had one person respond to it:

Just to show you how much you can accomplish in about 2 months pounds vs inches about body. Here is my numbers

Ok I started taking measurements on 8/14/2012 through 9/20/2012 for 5 weeks.

here are my stats:
    height :5'2 (62 inches tall)

I used this site http://www.linear-software.com/online.html scrolled all the way to the bottom of page for female and used tape measure method.

Ok on 8/14/2012
    weight@233.6
    body fat @50.63
    lbs/kgs of body fat @118.27
    lean body weight 115.33

Ok today 9/20/2012
    weight@224
    body fat @47.65
    lbs/kgs of body fat @106.75
    lean body weight 117.25

this tape method measured height ,neck,waist and hips plus age and weight.

i inputed the info asked for each of the days and thats what i showed me.

lost 9.6 lbs in 5 weeks plus lost 2.98% body fat in 5 weeks :-)
  • pattyg1821
    Options
    also working out about 1 hr a day 6 days a week. eating 1200-1600 cals.
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    BuckwheatsMomma Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow!

I sure hope that happens to me LOL!

I am trying to increase my movement/esercise as well, but still need to do more.

Thanks!
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    BuckwheatsMomma Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    THANKS!

To everyone who responded.

I am sticking to it no matter what. something is bound to happen sooner or later!
  • pattyg1821
    Options
    if you are use to not doing anything extra and you add anything etra it should help.