Eating clean

Options
No carbs and more protein ?

Replies

• jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I was confused, too. Here's a succinct description. Google it, there is a lot of info, but this sums it up well for me.

http://eatingcleanworks.com/what-is-eating-clean.html
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not "unclean". Case in point: fruit.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Experiment- find what works for you. If you want to try low/no carb, do it and see how you feel. I would suggest more protein based off of what you have in your food diary, but I personally would not eliminate/drastically reduce carbs. I eat anywhere from 160g-220g a day...they help fuel my workouts.

ETA: Clean eating has a TON of different definitions, just depending on who you talk to.
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    Carbs are good, as long as they're from fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains.

So, no white flour, white unbleached flour, enriched white flour, etc. Sprouted grain breads are the best (Silver Hills, Ezequiel, etc).

Lean proteins, avoiding red meat.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
  • applerchl
    Options
    I love eating clean. Its easy and there is lots of help on websites with simple recipes. Learning how cook again basically and Im loving it. I haven't had any sugar, or refined carbs in over a month.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ The term " Clean Eating " comes from the idea of " One Ingredient Foods " .... such as chicken, Salmon, Lean Meats, Veggies, Fruits, Nuts, Seeds, Cheese, Greek Yogurt, Salmon, Shellfish ... think of things that are more " natural ". Try to stay away with anything that lists more than five ingredients on a label.

Eliminate soda, refined sugars, processed foods, pastries ... and typical " American " fast foods.

I eat clean 95% of the time ... you do not have to eliminate carbs ... just know your carbs and what benefits as a healthy carb. You don't have to give up anything you really love ... just maybe treat yourself less often.

When implementing a " clean eating " method into your daily routine ... you will be amazed at how much food you can eat for low calories and how amazing your body ( system ) will feel.

Remember ... Our nutrition is what keeps our machines ( bodies ) running .... the exercise and the weight lifting are what gives it the final details ... looking like a fine oiled machine takes healthy eating habits with a good exercise regimen.

Drink lots of water and green tea ... there are soooo many ways to benefit from your food choices .... just google it and check out LIVESTRONG or any other accredited website.

Lots of great info out there !

Good luck in your journey !

:flowerforyou:
  • had_2
    had_2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks guys ! Everything was helpful