Any other university students trying to lose?

Options
I'm 198 and trying to get down to 125. But having a heavy course load and commuting 2 hours a day can be difficult! Im trying to find some friends in the same boat as me and we can give each other motivation :) Add me if you'd like!

Replies

• dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! I'm currently in grad school, so I understand wanting to lose weight with a crazy schedule :)
  • HelloImKelsey
    HelloImKelsey Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It is! And when I go to the gym after I get home at 630 I feel guilty that I'm not studying!
  • murray102089
    murray102089 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to friend me as well! I am a grad student balancing full time school schedule, an internship, work, and volunteering! I also spend at least 2.5 hours every day in my car so I understand that one (welcome to Boston MA)! It's hard but some days I come home at 7:30 and make myself get on the treadmill or do a DVD and then stay up late doing school work.

Good luck with your journey! :-)
  • Clarissia_Nicole
    Clarissia_Nicole Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm a freshman and I've managed to stay on track so far. However, I start a new job Sun and I'll be working 32+ hours a week on top of my 15 hrs of classes. So it's going to be challanging for me as well. But like someone else said, DVDs are great because you can fit them into your schedule whenever and don't have to worry about gym hours/it being dark out. Just do it at home whenever you can squeeze it in :) I personally just started a 6-wk DVD program. Does your school have a gym? I have been taking full advantage of my campus gym ... just swipe my ID card and get to use it for free-can't beat that! Best of luck to you!
  • HelloImKelsey
    HelloImKelsey Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! I'll defiantly be picking up some DVDs. That's a great idea!
  • greystars
    Options
    Hi babe, just joined the community too! would love to add you as friend so we can motivate each other ^_^
  • YamadaSan
    YamadaSan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Senior, taking my Bachelor's in Psychology and a certified stress eater with finals in a week. Add me if you want! :)
  • jennnco
    jennnco Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm in university and working a part time job as well, would love to hear your thoughts on balancing fitness with other commitments looking forward to meeting some of you :)
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yessssssssssssss.
    163, trying to get to 135.
    And i have 18 credits of classes, tons of homework each night, and 6 after class clubs that all get in the way. Except one club is dedicated to learning and practicing dance for 2 hours so at least that's a bit beneficial.
  • morgyluv
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I am grad student and I know how it feels to not have enough time in the day to do everything that is required from school and then to try to lose weight! I have completed all of my courses, but my thesis so I am only taking one class this semester. But last year I was taking a year of class loads in a semester, working, and trying to lose weight (<--- didn't go that well but I still managed a little bit) but any advice you need to get through or just support Im here :)
  • LuckyTerrier
    LuckyTerrier Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in grad school. It's tough to stay committed to working out when you've got so much to do, but you have to motivate yourself and fitness is really rewarding. Like some other posters, I enjoy doing DVD workouts because I can do them at home whenever I have the time.

Anyone can add me.

In a few weeks I will be starting to write my thesis, so I will definitely be needing support too.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Uni students can add me as a friend too! I have about 10 more pounds to lose, the final 10!!! But I keep getting distracted!

Best of luck!! :)
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow uni student here! I'm in my last year of my music/education degrees. I definitely understand how hard it is to balance school, work, and the other factors of life with a healthy lifestyle. I definitely had a tendency to put school ahead of things like eating, sleeping, exercising....sometimes even personal hygiene when things got really crazy lol. That's landed me in this position in the first place, but now I've made a commitment to keep my health as my first priority, though it's definitely tough. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I am a first year uni student, getting my bachelors in nursing! Feel free to add me guys.
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. Working and going to school plus all of life's other demands can make it difficult to eat right. My university has a great fitness room that I use between classes. Also, walking around campus makes me feel a little better. I probably walk a mile everyday I'm at school. Maybe more. My biggest problem has been fast food places on campus! I have to be really consistent about packing my lunch or I will end up getting pizza! Good luck with everything!
  • same here...have had a heavy course load and commute to school..........always put a little time in for yourself though...even if that means skipping on something you like doing for something like fitness
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Frist year uni student, feel free to add me.
  • AntSteps
    Options
    Oo feel free to add me, I'm a second year student studying biological sciences!
    I'm aiming to lose around 25-30 lbs to reach 120- 125lbs xx
  • Meesh15
    Options
    first year sociology student feel free to add me too :happy:
  • mezzosoprano89
    mezzosoprano89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I'm a music major in my final year of undergrad, got down to 163 this year and have gained a little bit of it back, trying to get down to 145 eventually.