Craving Soda ..

Craving soda tonight. Any suggestions? I have been soda free since end of July. I really do not want to cave.

Replies

• stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    I've successfully ended my long-time love affair with it. I cut a fresh lemon into quarters and squeeze one into one cup of boiling water, with about 1/2 tsp of honey. It works for me. I recently had a diet cola on a road trip and only drank about half of it, which really surprised me. You may find that it isn't what you remember it to be.
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Sorry, can't help you. I've been soda free for two weeks and decided to have one tonight. In fact I'm drinking it right now.
  • MidWestMissy
    MidWestMissy Posts: 32 Member
    I've successfully ended my long-time love affair with it. I cut a fresh lemon into quarters and squeeze one into one cup of boiling water, with about 1/2 tsp of honey. It works for me. I recently had a diet cola on a road trip and only drank about half of it, which really surprised me. You may find that it isn't what you remember it to be.

Thanks. Tried this. Least it was something different. I have had nothing but water. Getting a little sick of it. lol. You are probably right, I would probably not even enjoy if I caved.
  • day 45 no sodas and 40 of no TEA and its hard but easier then you think. I THINK I would like one but say nope water is better.
  • It's good that you are trying not to drink it.
    To be honest, I never understood soda, coke and all those sweet soft drinks addictions.
    It makes me thirsty and bloated and in restaurants it literally makes me order and eat more food (that's what they loooove doing - make coke or salty snacks cheap or free - get more orders --> profit!)

I used to drink it every now and then and stopped after I noticed that when I get a 1L bottle, I finish it and when I get a 2L bottle, I don't stop until I finish it.
    One night I just said "stop it, it's silly" and never had it since. It's been 10 years now.

I really really hope that you can break this habit!

Good luck!
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    I never thought I would give up pepsi, I drank it morning noon and night along with my husband. I woke up a couple of weeks ago and dont have any desire for it. I pour my husband a glass and I think why does he still like it.

I make my own version of a smoothie when I want something other than water. So far I havent found anything else.
  • TracySTL
    TracySTL Posts: 32 Member
    Craving soda tonight. Any suggestions? I have been soda free since end of July. I really do not want to cave.

What's your reason for no soda? Is it the caffine, artificial sweetners, calories?
    I have found some great options, but if you're giving it up to "drink clean", they probably won't help much.

Tracy
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    When I'm craving soda, I'm usually just actually craving the carbonation. So I drink keep a few cans of the Ocean Spray sparkling juice drinks around for those days. They satisfy my need for 'bubbly' without the sugar/high fructose corn syrup bomb.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    do you like iced tea? i have a pitcher of unsweetened caffeine free black tea and a pitcher of honey chamomile tea in my fridge for the last month or so and it has been such a flavor treat.
  • Try Mineral water like Pierre or pellegrino.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    I love Zevia soda! It's 0 calories and super low or no sodium! You can find it at Kroger, some HEBs and Whole Foods. It's sweetended with stevia, so it tastes differently from normal or diet sodas. It's the one soda I will have that does not wreck your diet at all!
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Try a carbonated water? I drink La Croix and it comes in a lot of different flavors like berry, coconut, lemon lime, etc.
    It is free of sugar, sodium, carbs, everything. That might help you out with getting the fizzies.

If it's the fizzy sugar you want, then get some sparkling water and add it to a 100% fruit juice and make a spritzer. So delish. :)
  • MidWestMissy

What's your reason for no soda? Is it the caffine, artificial sweetners, calories?
    I have found some great options, but if you're giving it up to "drink clean", they probably won't help much.

Tracy

Probably all the above. Well not calories. Plenty of zero Calorie soda.
  • When you crave soda, open a can- drink 2 sips and throw away the rest . research has proven that your cravings get satisfied in first two sips- rest is empty calories....

I have used this trick to break my soda habit and have been free from it for more than 5 years now...

It took me three weeks to kick my soda habit using this

hope it helps..

also do not drink from liter bottles- bring smallest cans available....
  • MidWestMissy
    Thanks for all the new ideas. I just got in a water rut. All I was drinking.
  • TracySTL
    TracySTL Posts: 32 Member
    The two things I really like to drink-

1. Walmart brand (Great Value) drink mix in Cherry Limeade. It's my most favorite drink ever - can't get enough of it. Like Crystal Light, it has a couple of calories, but I love the flavor over plain water.

2. Sprite Zero with Mio flavored water enhanser (or even the cherry limade above). I don't really care for plain Sprite, but with the flavor it's really good.

I know a lot of people on here are concerned about the chemicals and stuff in SF soda and SF juices, but I really like the low calorie and caffine-free part, so I'm ok to drink these.

Good luck!
  • niki2113
    niki2113 Posts: 25 Member
    sparkling water helps me to stay away from pop
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Have you tried kombucha?