weight loss question?

Options
i was sick over the weekend. i have some sort of stomach bug my kids brought home from school, so i couldn't eat or drink too much. this resulted in me being in the e.r. via ambulance yesterday evening because i got really dizzy & passed out, twice. they said i was severely dehydrated.

i am in a blog group & today is our weigh in day. I am down 2.5 lbs. should i record this in my journal as my weight loss or is this from being sick? is my weight going to significantly change when i am able to start eating regularly again? anyone's opinions would be a great help.

Replies

• Jo25369
    Jo25369 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    personally i would keep up weighing yourself every week and noting the weight loss or weight gain no matter what happened during the week to cause it. Yes you had a 2.5 weight loss, but you wouldnt have lost that much weight for not eating for a day or two. Also, if you put down that you have lost 2.5lbs, if someone of it was because you were sick, you will definitely end up working out more and being extra healthy this week so you dont gain.

Best of luck!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it's from being dehydrated, I mean, use it if you want, but you're gonna put back most of that water weight.
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Return to your normal healthy diet as soon as you can tolerate it. If you are still queezy a clear liquid diet may still be in order (jello, popsicles, chicken broth, lots of iced water). Go ahead and record the weight but don't be discouraged if you gain that lost weight back really fast because it is most likely water weight due to your dehydration.
  • Jo25369
    Jo25369 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    at the end of the day you are losing weight for yourself. So if you think you want to add it to your blog what you lost, or if you dont because you were sick and you think you might put it all back on, honestly it doesnt matter. You just do whatever you are feeling most comfortable with and dont be too hard on yourself if you are up a little bit at the next weigh in
  • Dee678
    Dee678 Posts: 53
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else says:
    1) Take care of yourself
    2) Dehydration and electrolyte imbalance is nothing to mess w/
    -Drink low sodium broths, popsicles (not the sugar free kind, you need a little sugar right now), electrolyte replacement drinks alternated w/ water or clear juices. WHen you feel up to it, add bland foods: unsweetened applesauce, bananas, toast w/ apple butter, plain white rice (avoid the added fiber in brown for now), low sodium saltines, etc
    3)Rest rest rest

Feel better soon, then get back into the routine. Weight reduction should be the last thing on your mind right now!
    :)
  • skinnygirlinhiding
    Options
    Listen here hef, weightloss is weightloss. Whether you lost 10 lbs or .5 lbs, you still lost weight. And even if it was because you were sick (which I don't think it was) so what. Record it anyway. You have been doing a magnificent job and I am super proud of you and you should be proud of you too... Absolutely record it!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Some of that weight may have been because of dehydration BUT when they took you to the ER they most likely pumped you full of fluids via IV, right? If so, you would've gained that lost water back so the 2.5 lb weight loss is probably pretty acurate. I'd count it; but as was said before if you gain a little don't be discouraged; it's just your body building back up it's water that you lost while being sick :)
  • ChefJeremyC
    Options
    Listen here hef, weightloss is weightloss. Whether you lost 10 lbs or .5 lbs, you still lost weight. And even if it was because you were sick (which I don't think it was) so what. Record it anyway. You have been doing a magnificent job and I am super proud of you and you should be proud of you too... Absolutely record it!

Record it if you want but dont get discourged when you put it back on fast because you were sick.