Top Workout Songs

Options
Bored with my current playlist.....any suggestions?

Replies

• babysteps2skinny
    babysteps2skinny Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello Tpayne,

Thank you for adding me. :) I look forward to losing this weight and helping you too.

As far as music goes, I am not sure what kind of music you like listening to, but here are a few of the songs that pump me up:

Uprising by Muse
    Sail by Awolnation
    Gasoline by Audioslave

If you like these, I can share the rest of my list. Didn't want to put everything down just in case this is not your cuppa tea.

Enjoy :)
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what type of music you like.
    If I'm working out hard I like anything from Skillet or Breaking Benjamin. Kind of harder stuff, but gets me going.
  • tpayne0453
    Options
    Honestly....I listen to EVERYTHING! As long as it gets me going I will listen to it :^) I'm just over the playlist I've had for, what seems like, the last five years. LOL
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hello Tpayne,

Thank you for adding me. :) I look forward to losing this weight and helping you too.

As far as music goes, I am not sure what kind of music you like listening to, but here are a few of the songs that pump me up:

Uprising by Muse
    Sail by Awolnation
    Gasoline by Audioslave

If you like these, I can share the rest of my list. Didn't want to put everything down just in case this is not your cuppa tea.

uprising = great song. Good for the start of a workout.
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    What kind of music do you like? I'd definitely look into that and see if there are any new songs you find yourself wanting to move to.
  • tpayne0453
    Options
    I listen to pretty much anything that will get me moving
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Im an 80s girls, so since my husband bought me a internet radio hook up for the tv I dance to it all. Especially 80s dance music. I can dance or do aerobics all day.
  • tpayne0453
    Options
    Hello Tpayne,

Uprising by Muse
    Sail by Awolnation
    Gasoline by Audioslave

Loving these :^)
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Also- my friend...totally not me at all...says that the maroon 5 song one more night is good to get a workout started with. Totally not me saying that, just a guy a know....not me at all.
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Oldies fanatic... plus they help me practice my swing/jive dancing....

Candyman ~ Christina Aguilera
    Wake me Up (Before you Go Go)
    Take on Me
    Pump up the Jam
    Gonna Make You Sweat
    Another One Bites the Dust
    Rock the Casbah
    I'm So Excited
    Footloose
    Any Way you Want it
    You Shook Me All night Long
    Move Your Body ~ My Darkest Days
    Disturbia
    Pon da replay
    Please Don't Stop the Music
    Rock you Like a Hurricane
    DJ Got Us Fallin in Love
    Bailamos

Annnnnnd that's just a short list of my mp3 player's songs that are dedicated to working out.
  • tpayne0453
    Options
    Also- my friend...totally not me at all...says that the maroon 5 song one more night is good to get a workout started with. Totally not me saying that, just a guy a know....not me at all.

It will throw some diversity in my playlist LOL....not bad! Tell your "friend" thanks!
  • miss_grad
    Options
    Dance Music Playlist:

Rabiosa - Shakira (feat. Pitbull)
    Follow The Leader - Wisin & Yandel feat. Jennifer Lopez
    Ven a bailar - Jennifer Lopez (feat. Pitbull)
    Deadmau5 - Ghosts N Stuff
    Deadmau5 - 4x4 = 12
    Show Me How You Burlesque - Christina Aguilera
    Hips Don't Lie - Shakira (feat. Wyclef Jean)
    Gangnam Style - PSY (ahaha. Just watch the video. Damn song.)

I mostly listen to the heavier stuff... Gets me in that beast mode.

Du Hast - Rammstein
    Enter Sandman - Metallica
    Master of Puppets - Metallica
    Zombie - The Cranberries
    The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
    Welcome to the Family - Avenged Sevenfold
    Crazy B*tch - Buckcherry
    Monster - Skillet
    Sound of Madness - Shinedown
    Chop Suey! - System of a Down

Hope it helps :)
  • tpayne0453
    Options
    Everyone -

Loving this! Adding all suggestions...trying to "spice" things up LOL
  • I have a few favorites and here they are. Nicki Minaj is my absolute favorite. I listen to these on the treadmill and they get me through what can be a boring workout. Good music makes me work harder and is essential to a good workout. I hope these help...I like hip hop music. Some of these were already downloaded on my computer by my 20 year old daughter and I actually like some of them.

Nicki Minaj: Pound The Alarm, Starships, Right By My Side, Stupid Hoe (I know it sounds bad- I don't pay attention to the words. I just like the beat)

Akon- I'm So Paid

Gorilla Zoe- I'm Dumb

Lil Flip- Turn It Up
  • iluvtrees123
    Options
    A lot of Coheed and Cambria songs fit my running rhythm perfectly. Also a big fan of Atreyu (Becoming the Bull is very motivating!)
  • emfischer90
    emfischer90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angelam82
    angelam82 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Most recently I have been listening to ATB - Seven Year album. It has 21 tracks and I just stick on random while I pedal away on my bike trainer. I use the songs as intervals and switch the gears.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Here's a few from my workout playlist:

Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic
    Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae something er other - not my usual style of music, but good for working out
    I also have lots of Rihanna, Beyonce and Lady Gaga on mine.

I's funny, I rarely listen to the stuff listed above unless I'm working out, I just like the beat. Loving this thread because I really need to add some good stuff to my list!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i listen to a lot of muse, and a bit of metal. it's gotta have the beat or it just doesnt work!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/626429-what-song-makes-you-go-ape-sh-t-while-working-out

check out this thread. more great suggestions than you can poke a great suggestion at :)