I'm new to this.

Options
This is actually my first time logging onto the actual website. I usually use the app just for the calorie counter.
I was wondering if anyone had any advice. Me and my bf have been trying to lose weight for a while now. He
is way ahead of me and its so discouraging! .. Then people are ALWAYS complimenting him .. I guess cause
he had more to lose but I feel like .. well HELLO! I'm here too!!

.. I guess I should be in it and not care to impress others but I like getting that acknowledgment! So the past week, I've kinda been slacking. Not eating as good as I should or working out. I've luckily stayed at the weight I've been (155lbs) but I've spent all day looking at results videos on YouTube from Insanity and I'm determined to start Monday and finish!!

My boyfriend isn't very interested in my weight loss. Not fair, since all I do is encourage and praise him :/ I lose a couple
lbs, tell him about it and he changes the subject :/ I'm probably just over thinking it or thinking its something greater than
it actually is but I like support. So hopefully y'all guys will help :D

I look forward to making friends and having people to understand and know what I'm going through.

Nice to meet you guys :D

Replies

• GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This is about you, not about him. You can get tons of encouragement here. Browse the forums, send friend requests, etc. People are really nice and we are all here for the same reason. I only use the phone app for logging but I spend more time on this site than I do on FB.
  • YvieQueezy
    Options
    It sounds to me like you need more support! It can be tough to stay motivated when you're losing weight slower than you would like, and there's no one to talk to about it. I know when I don't have enough support, every pound I lose feels like a yay... when it should be a YAAAYYY!!!