Sick of being fat!!

Options
So here I sorta begin on this journey. I start my full-time job tonight at 11pm and I am totally committed to not gaining any more weight. I have been pretty heavy (250) since I had my daughter 7 years ago and have tried everything to lose weight. So I hope that this is something that I can work with. I started out my journey weighing 226 and been doing this on and off for about a month and have lost 10 lbs! My current goal is to weigh 200 and t go hen go from there. I am wife and a mother of 1 and currently working 2 jobs. I am also looking for friends on here to encourage me and also for me to encourage. So here I go and I wish everyone well in their weight loss also :)
Laura.

Replies

• acbabbitt
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too & I wish you the very best. I have found the Inside Out Weight Loss podcasts to be very helpful. They are also free :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    1st off..... WELCOME.

2nd..... stop the on & off part. That's the key. You want to change, but it has to be a full time change :) That's the easy bit. Then that hard part comes, sticking to it. Knowing you can stick to it.

You said you are sick of being fat. Yep I was as well. It took a photo of me to get my *kitten* moving though. I was sick of being fat ever since my son was born 19 years ago. I was 209lbs on a 5'4" frame. Did not look good at all. I'll assume you feel the same way as I did then, that you don't have to be 100% committed to this despite everything else you do in your life. But you do. You really do. You NEED to do this daily, it will take 5mins out of your day to log & the rest of the day to lose.

Start with the food, that's the part I think we have all had problems with. Go for a 30min walk each day, push it hard...like I mean HARD. Sweat it up. Do some serious miles. I started off walking 3km a day every day in the middle of summer. Now I run 10 each day. Only 7 months later.

The exercise is where you have to fit it into your day, but there are sooooooooooo many things you can do even when sitting down that will help you. All movement above nothing helps.

3rd...... WELCOME :)

BTW you are more than welcome to check my diary out & my photos. The one of my head in the pink & blue/green tanks were when I was at my biggest. I'm half the size I was then.
  • laurahensley1981
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. I have the app on my Blackberry and the sad part is I forget to put in the food BUT no more excuses. I am going to do this and not get back up to the 250 I was at in the beginning of this year. I felt horrible and I have asthma and I really couldn't breathe and basically couldn't move either. I know that I was being lazy by not inputting my food and by not exercising but by reading both of your post has made me realize that I need to exercise and eat right. I start my night shift job tonight and I have read so many articles that state that people on night shift gain weight and I want to prove them wrong.

Thank you for the realization!!! :)
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I agree with Pink. It has to be all or nothing, no on and off. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Diets are temporary. Even after you reach your goals you will still have to maintain or you will gain everything you worked so hard to lose back.
    I have a lot of weight to lose. I am the heaviest I have EVER been. Carrying around 314lbs of weight on 5'8" frame is not easy. I hit my limit and I have said "No More!"

If you would like to add me as a friend please do.
    I always love people to keep me motivated.
  • georgie181
    Options
    HI :D

welcome and don't worry I have been where you are, not sure how much I weighed when I started because I wouldn't get on the scales :/ but the first time I weighed myself when I first lost some weight was 206, I am trying to get pics of myself then, to post my progress but is hard as I was camera shy, lol.

I couldn't stick it and tried everything.............I am a natural red head and a neighbour of mine told me a very nasty ginger fat girl joke :( and my daughter was always mentioning my fat belly :( so I got determined but decided it HAD to be a lifestyle change. everytime I tried to put myself on a strict diet I FAILED! so I decided just to change what I ate to strat with. chucked out the junk and ate totally clean, my habit was chocolate :/ so I let myself have a small amount of 90% cocoa dark choc of a night as a treat. I started to work out, not much I was doing a 10 minute jumpstart cardio on spark people/youtube awesome! really high intensity and I lost weight. I wasn't calorie counting, just eating clean. then I just gradually increased my exercise and reduced my portion sizes, until finally now I am doing intense cardio HIIT/CIRCUIT training 5-6 times a week and strength training(heavy) 1-2 times a week, calorie counting, cut out sugar almost completely and wearing a size 8/10, the size I was at 17, only this time I have shapely legs and arms due to the exercise :)

my biggest tips are these - stop beating yourself up for little slips, if you over eat, so what, brush yourself down and crack on the next day and if the next day is the same, try again the next but don't ever give up and do not mentally punish yourself for eating a pizza or having a chocolate bar this is a recipe for failure! putting back on a few pounds or overeating is not the end of the world, this is a journey not a race and changing habits that are built up over a lifetime will not change overnight.

secondly DO NOT STOP MOVING! exercise will not only help you lose weight, it will help you avoid any sagging flabby skin. It is also a natural stress releif/anti depressent. on days you feel bad or down etc, exercise. if someone says something that upsets you workout, hard day at work, workout.

GOOD LUCK, add me and I am more then willing to give you support :D
  • laurahensley1981
    Options
    Thank you so much. You have been so helpful. I think everyone has been helpful. I will most def. add you. I think I need support and guidance.
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Everyday I learn something new and this website is very educational and inspiring. Everyone is super friendly and always willing to encourage and support you along your journey and answer any questions you may have.
    A good thing to remember is don't worry about the choices you made earlier, only worry about the choices you make now. If you fall down don't dwell on it and let it ruin all of the progress you have made so far, just get back on track, cut your losses and move on. I am learning this. Before, when I would make a bad food choice, I would have the 'Well, I already screwed up today, might as well have that bowl of ice cream, brownies, cheeseburger, 16 pieces of bacon, and a 12 pack of dr. pepper... It will be okay, I will just start over again tomorrow' attitude..... uh uh! Big Mistake.... because I never got back on track. Don't let that happen to you :)
  • zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Hey friends...hello...
    I'm new to this site.Actually, this is the first time when i'm joining such site.I was 74kg(163 lbs), then i started using MFP and i lost 2 kg(4.4 lbs) in one week. it's unbelievable.Then i stop counting calories for 2 weeks and now again i'm 74. :(
    now i am totally disappointed and having feeling like a looser. :'(
    I think i neet motivation and support to lose more weight so i think i'll get support over here.
    With a hope...
    Zd04
  • laurahensley1981
    Options
    zd04 you are not a looser. You just had a bump in the road and today is a new day. I agree with you we all need motivation and support because we can't do it alone. If I can I will help you the best that I can. :) It is getting late or early here so I better get to bed and have a good day and keep track of your food and exercise and we all can do this side by side and step by step :)
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm sick of being fat too and have just joined this site a couple of days ago. Congratulations on the weight you have lost so far! :)
  • GregB76
    GregB76 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days. Just don't let the bad days turn into bad months. One bad day isn't going to kill you it's the multiple days that will get ya. Always looking to add support.