fat monster!!

Options
second time this has happend ...i was crossing the road to go into walmart (i twisted my knee several times in my life and was hurting bad today) and this lady rolled down her window and yelled move it you fat monster! i was devastated and just wanted to cry. my fiance told me not to worry about it. ive lost 67 pounds and while im still not fit i thought i was doing better. -discouraged- walmart is crazy at night

Replies

• anna473
    anna473 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is terrible. I can't understand how it's ok to speak to anybody like that! Don't take it to heart, people like this are full off venom and vitriol and it has nothing to do with you. Shrug it off and carry yourself tall.
    We don't have Walmart in Australia. It sounds like a whole other world inside a warehouse. :huh:
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hey anna it's basically IGA at 2am in sydney, walmart is so creepy. I've been called fat *kitten* and some horrible things in my last few years, even when I was 120 pounds, it's something you have to know is NOT because of you, they're just horrid little witches
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Don't let people like that get to you. Some people just have no heart and are probably miserable in their own lives to inflict that on others.

I do know how you feel, I have a permanent knee injury that forces me to take stairs one at a time (up with the "good" knee, down with the "bad" knee). I've had some rather rude comments be made, like "guess this is why you're fat" and stuff like that. I either ignore it or if I just can't, I'll say something like "actually I have a bad knee injury and chronic pain, thanks!". It usually shuts them up and they walk away with an embarassed look on their face.

Just remember that you're here for you and you've lost a lot of weight already and are doing so well!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    People are so rude!! Don't take it personally. This kind of crap happens to me ALLLLLL the time!!! I'd say, on average, at least a couple times a month, if not more. I used to get so pissed and hurt when this happened to me, until this one day I accidentally pulled in front of a lady. I was so nice about it and waved an apology, but she called me some name and gave me the finger. Instead of getting pissed like usual, I smiled and and waved and blew her a kiss and screamed at her to have a nice day. She got really mad and just drove away feeling like an *kitten*. It was so satisfying! Next time something like that happens to you, try it! It's kinda funny. And it really makes you feel better about yourself, that it's THEIR problem and it doesn't have to make you feel bad about yourself. They are the ones who are so miserable, they have to do stuff like that, I guess to make themselves feel better than they are.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Your progress is amazing and you are doing great, so don't let these things get at you.
    You can get fit if you want, and you are already working on it - that person will always be an ugly idiot. And there's nothing she can do, because she's ugly and awful inside.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Awww...this is the second post tonight where people have said mean things to a person who has already lost alot of weight. You know what? She's a miserable person who gets her kicks from making other people just as miserable. You'll probably never see her again. Brush the comment off, and keep your chin up. You've already come so far and by just being here, you've shown a determination and will power that no one can take away from you. Wrap it around you like a warm blanket and screw the rest of the world.
  • emire31
    Options
    What a vile, obnoxious woman, this woman is projecting her inner ugliness and rage onto the world around her, you were unfortunate to be on the receiving end. If you were skinny already, she would have abused you with that term, if you were a different colour, her abuse would have been racial, if you had funny hair/were exceptionally short/tall/big nose... anything she spotted would have been used as an insult.

My point is, don't take it personally, it's not about you, it's about this deranged woman spewing vitriol at strangers, she probably treats everybody like this. Someday she'll behave like that toward the wrong person and she'll get what she deserves. By then you'll be lovely (not that your not already!) slim and healthy and this incident will just be an unpleasant memory.

You've done brilliantly so far, be proud of yourself and continue achieving what you need to be happy. This idiot isn't worth a second thought.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how horrible people can be. I'm so sorry you experienced such nastiness, she's not worth an ounce of your energy. Just be grateful you're not a vile human being like that.

Well done on your amazing progress so far!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that anyone would say anything even close to such a terrible, rude, awful thing!

You just tell yourself that person has already gotten paid back-they must have a dark, miserable, lonely life already to roll down their window and shout such disgusting things!

Stand tall, love the people that are in your life and just know in your heart, that person had to go home to an empty house, filled with nothing and wake up with a cold heart every day!

You, on the other hand, have a fiancee, friends on mfp and friends in your life-you lost weight, so you are healthy and mentally, girl, you got it goin' on because you are NICE and would never do any such thing!!!!!!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    looking at your pictures, you look great! I know its hard to ignore those kinds of comments, but just think about the progress you've made and the goal you are working towards and block out the negative.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    anyone who would talk to anyone that way- especially a stranger- is a low life form. They are barely human. If vermin was crossing my path Id shoo it away or kill it. Since you are above her - just shoo her out of your head and move on, knowing people like that hate themselves. They have to hurt others to feel good- thats a pitiful way to behave. I feel great when I help someone or make someone smile. Isnt it sad to think she needs to be hurtful to feel good? Shes poison and slowly dying inside while you blossom, become healthier and obviously a better person without even trying.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Think of how little she must have going on for her if she cannot show basic kindness for another human being.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    How incredibly bizarre! Just thank God you're not that person and PLEASE don't let it get you down! You're doing beautifully. :flowerforyou: