Swimmers at the beach?

Options
It is just getting into spring and the warmer weather where I live.
Going to the beach with my bestie tomorrow, about a 3 hour drive and I have this beautiful tankini and boardies which I want to wear.

But I'm scared everyone is going to look at me and judge me, thinking that I am too fat to wear that...
I'm not overly fat anymore, a size 12 aus (8UK?)

Has anyone else battled this and how did you overcome it?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mistertug
    Options
    If I ever feel self-conscious about anything, I just tell myself that it's none of my business what anyone else thinks.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Just look around you, you will see people smaller and people bigger than you. Confidence always make you look better no matter what your size, which is petite by the way. There is only you that will stop you from having a good time. get out there and flaunt it!.
  • jamface11
    Options
    A 12 is certainly not too fat!!! Just remember your usually the only person taking notice, most people are too wrapped up in their own heads. Have fun tomorrow!
  • Bettsy_A
    Bettsy_A Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I used to be that way, then I realised that no one is at the beach to look at me. They're all there for the same reasons as me, to enjoy the water and the fine weather :)
    Go for your enjoyment, bugger what anyone there thinks cos most likely, they're not thinking about other people's bodies
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up, swing your hips when you walk, keep a smile on your face and check out how many people give you an appreciative glance :smile:
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    It's a tankini, people will say what good taste you have
    And yes there will be fatter people there.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sooooo ... the way I see it, 12 isn't big at all.

I've seen 24 ++'s (a friend of mine) hit up the beach in bikinis (no problem with beaches, but maybe the bikinis should be left at home for a while?).

You'll probably get people (guys) checking you out, judging you for being sexy. The girls will be too paranoid with themselves (always seems to be the case) to even notice you being paranoid about yourself.

Just enjoy the day!

PS. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER ... only a few months left!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Let the semi-old lady chime in here :tongue:

I spent a good many years not doing the things I wanted to do, or worrying the entire time ppl were looking at ME. One day I thought "WHAT makes me so important in their lives that they would take the time out to think about me??"

When you see someone looking at you with a funny face they are probably not even SEEING you......they are thinking "CRAP did I turn off the coffee pot?? or Pay that bill?? or My husband is a JERK and should I leave him? OR..I am so fat and if I just looked like THAT girl in the tankini I would feel much better!!!"

You are beautiful, young, and going to the beach! Now go enjoy your one life and make some fun memories!!

Oh crap.....I forgot to pay the electric bill!!:laugh:
  • PinkyFran
    Options
    If I ever feel self-conscious about anything, I just tell myself that it's none of my business what anyone else thinks.

absolutely! if they dont like what they see they dont have to look!!!!........
  • scottbrown78
    scottbrown78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Carrying yourself with confidence will bring your "score" up several points. Take pride in the progress you have made and who gives a dang about what a stranger thinks of you. People point out the flaws in others in hopes that it will take the perceived attention off of their flaws.