I'm not losing anything..

Options
I started on here a week last Thursday, input my height 61.2 inches, and weight 203.7 lbs, and that I wanted to lose 2lbs a week, with 30 mins exercise 7 days a week, it gave me 1200 calories. I have been eating my exercise calories as well (which usually then differs between 1500 and 1600 total calories depending if I do more exercise or not) and doing said exercise (I do 30 mins, sometimes a little more) of an aerobics DVD each day) , but I have only lost 0.7 lbs in nearly a week and a half...

Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    no, you lost something, even if its not a full lb!
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You say that you exercised as planned and staying within your calorie range... sometimes it just happens we don't shed the pounds as easily but have you looked at your consumption of salt (the real thing and what ever is hidden in food as sodium) also, how about the water, are you drinking much water. Here is my thought and I'm no expert, but you may retain water and if your sodium consumption is still high and you don't drink water, the excess water that you have in your body don't get flushed... So I would suggest to watch for salt/sodium and drink lots of water... May work; either way it could definitely not hurt.
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Either way, take anything lost as one step in the right direction. You've lost something.

Best of luck in your journey and I know you can do it :)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    When we first begin an exercise program or increase the intensity level, our muscles tend to retain water and mask any fat loss. Once they adjust to the exercise, they release the water and you'll most likely see a good drop in weight.
    Patience is key -- just remember eating healthy & exercising can't be bad for you. :wink:
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Are you drinking your water? :drinker: You didn't mention anything about that. I have found that the water helps more that anything. How are you doing with the rest of your daily totals, carbs, fat, sodium, etc? Are you over or under on those? Sodium can play a big part in water retention and I have found that I have to eat way less carbs than recommended for me to lose any weight.
    I would say to just keep sticking to it, the weight will start to come off and really 1 pound in a week is a good goal to have, any more and you will just be setting yourself up for a lifestyle you can't maintain. You want to stay at your goal weight for life, so you really have to be realistic and change your eating and exercise habits forever, so try to be realistic in what you will be able to do for the rest of your life.
    You can do this! Just stick to your plan and keep going! Make sure you take your measurements, sometimes there is improvement there even when the scale seems to be stuck!
    Good luck and keep up the good work!
    Hugs!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i would maybe change the goal to one pound a week and see what i gives you for calories. you may still be a bit under IMO for your weight. I've only been on here since the end of Jan so I'm definetly not an expert but i read that that worked for someone else. If you are starting the exercise dvd anew this week you could be adding muscle too which would slow your progress. I would also make sure you aren't too high on sugar (you can add this to track) for your days food and that your are eating enough protein (I find the protein goal on here is super low, and i aim to eat at least 25 more grams) Good luck, i hope your scale moves for you soon!
  • emswear
    Options
    no ur not doing anything wrong. First, everyone is different. These things take time. Stay true to your course and the weight will come off. You should also remember that working out builds muscle, which weighs more than fat. So if you hadn't worked out before and just started, you are probably building muscle and thats why the scale doesn't reflect very much loss. But you are still burning off fat. Here are some things u can try to help lose weight. Try not eating the calories burned off for a week. Jump start the metabolism. Don't do the same exercise every day. Your body becomes accustomed to it, and its not as effective. Alternate workouts as well as work out times. Try resistance training. Use 5 lbs barbells you can buy at target and look up some exercises on line. using weights helps burn fat and boosts your metabolism long after you finish your workout. Important thing to remember don't get discouraged!! Keep it up!!
  • sdimmerling
    Options
    That must be hard.. but you know what?. YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD!! It sounds like you worked really hard this last week at focusing on yourself and your weight. That alone can be really hard, to stick with such a new routine! Keep at it, and I am sure you will see results.
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    I am drinking water, admittedly not as much as I should be.. :embarassed:

I have been slightly going over my carbs and protein, but everything else is my goal or ever so slightly under..I'm tracking calories, fat, carbs, sugar, protein and fibre...

I have been inputting sodium when I add food but not actually tracking it on my diary, I may try that too!

I changed my amount I want to lose per week to 1lb and my calorie goal went up so I change it back to 2lbs! Was that a good thing or a bad thing?!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am drinking water, admittedly not as much as I should be.. :embarassed:

I have been slightly going over my carbs and protein, but everything else is my goal or ever so slightly under..I'm tracking calories, fat, carbs, sugar, protein and fibre...

I have been inputting sodium when I add food but not actually tracking it on my diary, I may try that too!

I changed my amount I want to lose per week to 1lb and my calorie goal went up so I change it back to 2lbs! Was that a good thing or a bad thing?!
    You can try the higher cal amount, as sometimes upping calories sparks weight loss. It will be trial and error for the first little while until you see what works for you. Good luck.