Ready for the next step...

Options
I've began on my weight loss journey in earnest just over 100 days ago. I've been doing cardio 6 days a week a combination of walking/jogging. Recently I came across a forum post on the 100 push up challenge program and I just completed week 4. I noticed a spike in weight loss since I've begun the push up challenge, plus the development of muscle in the chest, arms and shoulders is an added benefit that I never realized how good it makes me feel about myself. My weight loss goal is far from over (58 lbs still to go), and I'm thinking that adding more strength conditioning will help with the weight loss & help keep me motivated when I hit a plateau and don't drop any weight for a few weeks. I'm thinking of trying the 25 chin up challenge, but honestly I can't even do one right now and I don't own any weights or gym membership
Any suggestions?

Replies

• bobnstuf
    bobnstuf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow....no responses....was it something I said?
  • iambuttercup
    iambuttercup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Strength training is key for better weight loss. You can get a set of light
    Weights or a simple resistance band, there are ways to use your own body
    weight like push ups do. Just google your question " strenght training without weights" and tons of ideas
    will help you on your way. Good luck
  • akylios
    akylios Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    do you have a link to the post with the 100 pushup challenge. im interested
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Definitely add some strength training to your exercise regime... Squats, lunges, planks, press ups. If u can invest in some weights then I would.

The more muscle you have, the better u look naked, and the more u can eat - win win all round!!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Great job so far, congratulations! Keep adding new and varied activities, built strength, challenge yourself. Find what you truly enjoy and do it a lot but keep challenging and building your strength and endurance.