Just getting started

Options
Hi All.

My name is Patty. I just "celebrated" my 48th birthday by looking at the scale at the highest weight I've ever been, including pre-delivery of a 10 lb baby. I've been feeling drawn, fatigued and uncomfortable in all my clothes. I'm so glad to have found MFP app for my phone. I've got 5 days under my belt and 3 lbs off my self. I know I can do it this time.

Thanks for all of your support I'm anticipating. My sister is on here too and I know she'll be my greatest support. Kar, you're my inspiration, and I know we can do this together, just like we did so many years ago. Sorry to let you know we'll need to find another home for your "fat clothes" as I will not be needing them for long....I'm hoping.:laugh:

Have a great week everyone,
Patty

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me when I was 48! I'm almost 52 now and I did it. Don't give up! My full story here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout

Welcome and remember it is never to late to follow your dreams!
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    ouch! a 10 pound baby? I was 2.11 pounds when I was born- yep, I was a runt, lol.

I wish you much success. MFP is a great site with lots of motivating ppl.

Have a good sunday:)
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You can do it!

Here's a reference link for a blog on getting started on the site. It has links to some other really great MFP blogs or posts.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad?month=201209
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I'm not new to the site but recently made a new account to get a "fresh start". I had logged 200 days in a row on here, but somehow fell off the wagon, stopped logging and gained 15lbs back.
    I'm lookin for new MFP friends that are dedicted to their goals and willing to help motivate and support others. Congratulations on your success thus far!
  • gkcimino
    gkcimino Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love this site as well and the success stories are inspirational so visit that thread. I'm so glad you decided to join me in this journey. I have founs that logging is the most important thing that keeps me on track. I know you have a busy life but you do need to put aside sometime a few days a week to get the exercise in. start with 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a week it will really help. We could try meeting in the evening if you want at Aiken track just let me know Love Ya Sis!!!!