Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Extreme Couponers

Replies

• stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Anybody here a CANADIAN couponer? We can't do it here like you Amereicans. Every single coupon has a 'one coupon per customer per trip' catch. Would love to know if it's possible to save even 25% in Canada!

On facebook, search extremecouponingmom. She claims to get similar deals to Americans through her couponing and frequently posts coupons to her feed. While I'm definitely not an extreme coupon-er, I like coupons where I can get them.

edit: I am no way affiliated with that lady. I just like her coupons.

Thanks for that! I'm a Canadian couponer and find that although we can't quite coupon like you can in the states, I still have been able to get some pretty good deals. I usually stockpile items that don't expire like cleaning supplies etc. Is there a group on here? Someone should make a coupon group so we can share tips. :)
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 336 Member
    I LOVE COUPONS!
    For anything and everything THAT WE USE...I don't buy if we don't use it...even if it's a fantastic deal!
    On good trips I can save about 40% of my total.
    Sometimes though you need stuff and just don't have the coupons available.

The site I use is called www.coupondivas.com She has a Facebook page too.
    It collects coupons from 4 different sources. Even has a database look-up if you are looking for something in particular.
  • couponer, but have much to learn!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    I did start a blog now i did it wrong frist time.
    Couponer/ or what to learn
  • I did start a blog now i did it wrong frist time.
    Couponer/ or what to learn

Found it in groups and joined. Sounds great! :smile:
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    I use them, I spend about 2 hours a week on it, sometimes less. If I would actually go to more than one store I would save more. If I only shop one place, I go to Super Target. They have great groceries plus you can combine their store coupons from the website with manufacturer's coupons from the paper. Here in Kansas City, they don't double coupons EVER. Well there might be a little high priced store here or there that will do it, but they limit it to 49 cents which is really lame.
  • I need to learn how to do this
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    I like to coupon. I don't spend as much time as you all, but I'm also new to it.
    I'd love tips/tricks on how to coupon better.

Feel free to add me :)
    this lol

I'm confused on why you find me funny. Please explain.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    I have two friends that do extreme couponing, spending about 20 hrs a weeks collecting coupons and shopping. Their pantries, dining table, and extra shelves look like a hoarders dream. My family doesn't need 20 boxes of macaroni and cheese. We don't even have one.

I do use coupons here and there but it's not worth the mess to me. I like my house neat and tidy. I spend a lot of my weekend cooking, crafting, and working out. I can't see myself going to five stores for 8 tubes of toothpaste.

Maybe I'm missing something.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    lOVE IT...Joinedô¿ô
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    We don't use most of the items offered in coupons. I do clip for what we use, but the stores here don't really allow for stacking or multiple coupons. The food is generally high fat, sugar and carbs. I have found the best use for coupons is with otc drugs, toothpaste, cat food and detergent.
  • I work at a store that had to change their policies on coupons and limits as some were totally abusing it and then bringing everything back and getting full price for it. It ruined it for everybody. Some people were actually getting money BACK instead of paying for it.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    bumpin to learn the secrets!:glasses: :laugh:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    I like to coupon. I don't spend as much time as you all, but I'm also new to it.
    I'd love tips/tricks on how to coupon better.

Feel free to add me :)
    this lol

I'm confused on why you find me funny. Please explain.
    I believe she's simply asking you to add her and she laughed not at you but simply because she wants to be added as a coupon fiend. Maybe to learn tricks & tips from you?. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • I work at a store that had to change their policies on coupons and limits as some were totally abusing it and then bringing everything back and getting full price for it. It ruined it for everybody. Some people were actually getting money BACK instead of paying for it.

Just like my post didn't get any response, yours isn't likely to either. No one wants to hear about the bad side of it. They just see someone getting stuff FREE and they want the same. I have watched multiple episodes of the show and saw multiple incidents of the shopper and store participating in coupon fraud.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    I agree. Ive seen some awful stuff couoners have done, either with coupons or walmarts price matching. I advocate for ethical coupon use, and will only direct people to weusecoupons.com because they only allow posting of correct coupon use trips, alert people of coupon wording has changed and what that means for us, etc.

No one needs to abuse the system and shouldnt be encouraged to do so.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Not everyone abusing the system,As far as price matching almost every store does that.We are in a recession people don't have jobs this is a way they can put food on the table,so they have money for bills.
    I will also coupon and find deals no matter what people say, I have saved hundreds of dollars doing this,which helped us payed for braces for our daughter.Plus my older son comes here to & gets food.
    I think everyone should coupon or find ideals on other things like clothes etc. But this what I do to make in my family, coupons have been a life saver for my family.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Ohhhh I'm a UK addict to 'that' show - are you telling me now that it's not possible to get $1000+ worth of items for NO MONIES???

Don't burst my bubble guys ;)

In the UK we have few coupons and a one per customer per item policy so 'that' programme makes my eyes boggle! Although I do look at their stockpiles and wonder if anyone would ever use 60+ bottles of mustard?????? Greedy much.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 846 Member
    the few times I've watched that show, the one thing that has always struck me is that the couponers have zero fresh fruit, veg or meat/fish items. Do they go & pay full price for that stuff or do they only eat the dry & packagaed goods they can get with coupons?
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    I like to coupon but have not figured out a way to get super good at it yet. It would be fun to have a group on here that we could share tips and ticks!!
    this! i have tried....but it seems like even the papers arent printing many coupons anymore:( i need tips tricks and a group to follow!!