Anybody else never been skinny?

Options

Replies

• eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was born weighing 9 pounds. I was a chubby child too. I went up to 150s in high school and college, a lot on a 5'1.5 frame. I've lost weight and am now around 126. I still don't consider myself to be skinny though. And if someone calls me skinny or little it's always confusing because I don't see myself that way. I'm not overweight anymore but I'm still not skinny.
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Never really been a "skinny" type of gal. The lowest I ever have been was in the 150's and thats when I was in middle school LOL. And even then I was chubby. I'm 5'3 and 201.4 as of today. I would love to be thinner but I don't care for being labeled as "skinny" I want to keep the hips I have just get all the fat out LOL. My goal weight is 140 which is going to be normal/healthy for my height.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I've never been near this thin.
    I've got a naturally 'big build' and I like eating - now if I lie down and breath in my tummy is actually a few inches below my rib cage at around 12.5% BF. Of course that meant before I could "not look too bad" with a lot of fat around there.

I'm liking that so far I've acquired a load of old clothes from 'skinny' friends which fit me fine.

Currently am a 30 waist for trousers - actually needed to tighten up one pair and just squeezed in to some 28s!
  • TeamNoExcuses
    Options
    Before college I was always skinny. Up until freshman year, I was 110 and I was bony and fragile but I didn't know it. I gained freshman 15 and now I want to lose a few pounds.
  • rachgarm
    rachgarm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    According to my diary from when I was 12 I was 180 lbs, and hit 200 by 13. I have never been close to that number since then. It will be insane to admit when I finally 199 that I hadn't weighed that much since elementary school >_<
  • Vicks1978
    Vicks1978 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was skinny up till the age of 25. (Im 34 now) I settled down around then and I put my weight gain down to not going out dancing 3 nights a week and carrying on eating like I could eat anything. Then top it off with a couple of relationships ending badly, and me always putting the guy first. NO MORE!

im concentrating on ME MYSELF AND I now!!

also it has been an eye opener the way people treat you differently when you are fat compared to when I was slim.
    mostly the misters...been ignored, glared at, unnoticed, invisible, and my boobs constantly been gawped at....the days when i was thin the misters were always nice and kind...not anymore.

I would like to have a voice, be noticed and not be invisible anymore that is my motivation after a particularly shi**y year.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I started getting fat when I was in 3rd grade. That's like 8 years old. So yeah, I've not ever been skinny. From what I can remember, I was about a 12/14ish in sizes around 12. Graduating high school I was around 220. After that, I didn't weigh myself until I was around 290. Between 275-300 is where I've been probably the past 10 years. Topping out at 310 in 2009...just in time for my sisters wedding. Gotta love those pictures! Since then, I've lost 92 pounds! I honestly am seeing parts of my body that I've never remembered seeing in my life! I feel like an alien sometimes. I don't even know what I'm looking at when I see myself in the mirror sometimes. There are times tho when I realize that I look really good and I have accomplished a great deal. Its def more fun going shopping when you can actually try things on and THEY FIT!!! Right now, I am wearing a 16 jean down from a 24...tight 24. My shirts I am wearing a regular xl or 1x instead of a 22/24 or 3xl. It is weird and feels good all at the same time. Some days are tough when I feel like I don't know who I am. When someone says "you look so skinny!" I'm like excuse me, are you talking to me?? Lol. I suppose when I was fat, I used that as my excuse for everything...but being "skinny" doesn't change MOST of those things I made excuses for. You are still who you were then, you just look different. Its so easy to hide from the world behind all that fat and it feels vulernable and scary to lose it. I'm realizing that there are a lot of fun things to do out in this world and feeling like I look good makes me want to get out there and be a part of more of it. :)
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    I've never been skinny, however I grew up in a house where there were no scales so my weight was never an issue. I didn't get teased about it except for on one occasion is Grade 8, and I made it clear to him he couldn't talk to me that way.

Right now I'm at the lowest weight I've ever been and I feel great, even though I'm still not skinny by any means. If I were skinny I wouldn't know what to do with myself.
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was skinny many yrs ago. I have battled with weight all my life, but did get down to normal weight a few times, It is hard for me not to order clothes as well. I lost 85 lbs so far, but have about 30 to go.....
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I wasn't skinny skinny, but until my back injury about 10 years ago, I was 130 at 5'8".
  • Vicks1978
    Vicks1978 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you look amazing jellybeanhed!
  • Zoot_suits
    Zoot_suits Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Never been skinny in my life, unless you count a low birth weight that apparently I have tried to make up for ever since :/

Always been "chunky" "thick" "Fat" "built like a linebacker" etc etc etc Coming thru middle school I played football with the boys, weight trained with the boys, and weighed in about 185ish.

Topped out at 225 after my first son, when I went on the Depo shot.

With my 2nd and 3rd sons I actually lost a LOT of weight. With my second pregnancy started at about 180 and by the time I had him I was down to 155, and still to this day have no clue how. 3rd son conceived very shortly after 2nd was born, so started at about 160 and was 140ish 3 weeks postpartum.

Gained 50 lbs in 1 year after having my son, and here my body seems to like to stay. Down 14 lbs thus far in almost 2 months.

Fighting the fight to get healthier for my Minions and myself. :)
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I was a smaller framed child up until I hit my teens, when I hit my teens I rapidly went into to "plus size" mode. I maintained a steady size 16/18 throughout high school, which now in a size 24/26 I'd LOVE to be back where I was when I thought I was so fat. Also that was an era where size 12,14,16,18 and up were OMG you are SO BIG! Not like now where a lot of people have accepted that those size are not "that big" If I knew then what I knew now I'd have truly celebrated my size and worked with myself as it is much easier to get to a size 10 @ 16 then it is @ 24/26. I have never been a size 7/8 or 9/10. I swear it was like kids clothes, women's clothes. I've never had the chance to wear cute junior sizes, or shop at all the places the "little" girls shopped. I'm 5' 11" so I work my 16/18 well and had boyfriends throughout high school, but like most women after I gave birth to my children the weight went up, up, and up. At this point my goal size is a 10 and if I like it and feel that it fits my height & frame maybe an 8. It's just so funny how "big" you think you were until you look back and go, "man, I wish I was that size right now!" In which case I'd love to be a 16 right now!
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was fit and thin until I hit about 27 years old... that is when I got pregnant with my youngest son. I gained weight with that pregnancy, my mom AND dad both got cancer and my husband and I had to move in with them to take care of them... I was an at home mom with two young boys taking care of two sick parents and I got lost in food. I didn't have time to care about me, food was my best friend and I couldn't imagine breaking up with it. My mom died, dad survived but couldn't go back to work. I think, no I KNOW, I was depressed for a long time... mostly because of the loss of my mom, but also because my life took a road that I NEVER thought I would have to travel... it wasn't MY plan and that depressed me.

Well, after 10 years of drowning my pathetic sorrows in chocolate and carbs... I pulled myself together and decided to make myself a focus for once. I went back to college, got a teaching degree and joined MFP. As of today, I have lost 94 lbs. My boys who are now 21 and 14 are proud of me, my husband is super supportive and happy with the new me and I FEEL better than I have in a very long time.

I still have a long way to go... but, I am fitting into clothes without numbers in front of X's and I can shop ANYWHERE again rather than just the Flabby Abby section or store. LIBERATING! I hope to get back to that girl I was before my late twenties... but, I know my body has changed and aged and I might not EVER have that flat belly again without some major surgery and I'm not that vein or into that stuff. I am happy to look and feel better and finally be able to play sports again without feeling like my heart is going to jump out of my chest and run away.

Good luck to you...
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    I've never been skinny. When I was born, I weighed almost ten pounds. I was always a big kid. I started gaining weight after I got married the first time. Before I knew it, I weighed over 200 pounds. All of my adult life, I have been overweight. I'll never be skinny and this does not bother me. All I care about is getting healthy, exercising, and getting down to a weight where I won't feel aches and pains in my joints.
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    When I was twelve I realized I was heavier. I don't think I even remember being skinny. :P
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    As a baby, I had the adorable baby fat.

As a child, I just needed time to "outgrow" the baby fat.

11 happened, along with ToM and boobs and estrogen, so I became an overweight teen.

I remember always being on the high end of "healthy weight" charts - 5'2" and 145-150# in high school. When I graduated, there was no more PE (yay), so no more daily exercise. I put on more weight, through a pregnancy (30ish pounds) had my depression really come to the forefront, and just kept eating and not doing anything to work it off. When I married, I was 225ish I think and 13 years later, I'd gained 90# (my husband gained 75#).

I've always had a gut. I have never seen my stomach area flat. Medically, there's nothing holding weight loss back. I need to just watch how much I eat and burn more calories.

This is my story, minus the depression which, thankfully, I've been spared (I'm a natural Pollyanna) and plus three more pregnancies and a little bit of losing weight between them.

My Mum said my first word was "more" and she couldn't resist my appeals andI just took it from there. I'm close to being the lowest weight I've been as an adult and it's quite scary. This is the point where I've "bounced" back up when I've done previous diets. So this isn't a "diet", it's a "lifestyle".
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, there are pictures of me when I was 6 or 7, thin as a stick. Of course, I was happy then. I started getting bullied at school, had depression and started comfort eating. I was overweight through my teenage years, obese at the end.

Been overweight for as long as I can remember, I can't wait to lose the weight.
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Skinny for me was 130lbs just before I had my daughter 13yrs ago. I have been heavy most of my life. I went on a diet of eating everything and everything with cayanne pepper on it. Burnned it all out litterally.

As a teen I wasnt heavy just top heavy, so I was called fat. My sister was small everywhere and I was only 2 or 3 sizes bigger in my jeans. So all my life I felt fat.

Having my daughter I weighed 220. I lost and weighed about 180lbs in 2007 then married my husband in 2008. The man likes good but unhealthy food and hes a good cook so when starting my weightloss I weighed in at 217lbs right next door to my pregnancy weight.

I would go back to my old diet but I really want to eat healthy and exersize this time. I want to get back to 130lbs and do it right.
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    when I was at my skinniest I was 125p at a 5.7f height. I worked really hard to be at that weight I was doing swim team gym classes and dance class ballet, and point class. I also rode my 10 speed bike every where and did sit ups and crunches during commercial breaks.
    What it felt like being skinny I felt healthy and more active like way more energy but I still thought I was fat mostly because there where a lot of girls on my team with eating disorders, but I didn't know that at the time I just thought I wasn't working out enough.
    When I started to gain weight I was dealing with a lot of stress and I wasn't staying as active. I was slowly getting bigger until I had a miscarriage, then a pregnancy, plus a hole lot more stress and then I ballooned.
    I am so disappointed in my self for letting it get this bad, I look at fit people and that is how I feel on the inside because that's how I looked for years and when I see my self in the mirror I'm just so disappointed in my self. Now that I'm on the right track and losing weight I feel much better about my self but still made at the same time.