Running shoes.

Options
I'm in need of Running shoes, my old pair were some cheap Fubu's and though they did get me through 3 miles on the Rail trail- i lost lefty. I plan on buying a new pair but I want to splurge a little. Any suggestions on a Good shoe?
I had a feeling about the Nike free run's. Other than that.. ?

Replies

• franmetamorphisis
    Options
    bump.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Everyone is going to tell you to go to a running store and get properly looked at and fitted for a shoe.

I personally run in Newtons... You'll definitely splurge on those haha!
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    yep, you need to get analyzed at the running store. You will be glad you did.

I bought 2 different pairs the last time, different brands, but same support that I needed. My gait had changed due to an injury so I had to revamp my inventory...lol
  • franmetamorphisis
    Options
    Yeah and about that I don't know of any running stores, I should really look into it. Because I get some knee pains, and I think it has something to do with my shoe... Or i have a crappy knee.:grumble:
  • franmetamorphisis
    Options
    I found a store near me on Google by the name of Flying feet. I shall look into it
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I had knee/hip pain unti l swithced to the free runs. I love them. My hubby loves his but he also loves his merrels that are a minimal shoe. My sister in law got fitted at a running store and then shopped around for the proper shoe. good luck on finding a new pair.
  • franmetamorphisis
    Options
    I had knee/hip pain unti l swithced to the free runs. I love them. My hubby loves his but he also loves his merrels that are a minimal shoe. My sister in law got fitted at a running store and then shopped around for the proper shoe. good luck on finding a new pair.

I'm taking a liking to the free runs.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I wear Brooks Pure Grit and I LOVE them. I put them on at the running store, hopped on the treadmill and it's like the stars aligned and those were my shoes...
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You really want to be assessed properly if you plan on running frequently, I personally am running in Brooks adrenaline gts 12 and love them. But there are plenty of great shoes out there, one you learn your foot strike and size you can shop online, but its best to feel and test run the shoe before buying it. good luck
  • Ashlee2421
    Ashlee2421 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I found this site to be pretty helpful with matching me and my running style to a good shoe. =]
    http://www.runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor
  • mrpearson253
    mrpearson253 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeah, bump to the getting your feet analyzed to make sure you get the right type of shoe for how you run (whether you need more cushion, if you run on the outside edge of your feet or the inside, etc.), but my personal preference is for Asics. I'd say go to one of the fancy stores and get fitted, then use the brand, model, size, etc. and go online and get a better price (eBay or Amazon). No sense paying more than you need to and since you've tried them on already, you know they'll fit. :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest and say I thought all the people who said to have my gait analyzed were whacko. That is until I upped my mileage and began having trouble. Turns out I overpronate causing some of my pain. Splurged on Brooks Glycerin 10 and after 3 weeks my legs feel wonderful again. :)
  • pvesey
    pvesey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I got fitted because my feet were hurting me and I tend to pronate. My new shoes are ASICS Gel-Kayano 18. Even on sale they were expensive ($125), but it's worth it to have a comfortable fit. I got a half size larger than I normally wear.