Do you bite your cheek?

Options
cuarrech
cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
And then it swells up, so you bite it again because it's protruding into the space between your teeth. Then it swells up some more, and you bite it with every jaw movement, and you have to be super careful for hours for the swelling to go down.... and then maybe you're absent minded one moment, and you do it again.

Sigh.

I do this at least weekly. And I just did it again.

Replies

• Missysaurus_Rex
    Options
    I only do this... ALL THE DAMN TIME! I swear I have a permanent flap on the side of my cheek, because of how often I do it. I feel your cheek pain sister!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Stop it. . . . (and, yes, I've done it.) Good luck with that.
  • skowalska
    skowalska Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    doing it as i speak lol

been doing it since at least grade 2
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have little tabs on the sides of my cheek too. I'm not entirely sure if those aren't just natural though. When I was a kid I used to bite at them on purpose, and on the insides of my lips. I still do when acutely stressed out, but I try not to. I'm a hypochondriac, and I learned that repeated damage to the same place can cause cancer. Eek.
  • skowalska
    Options
    eek is right! thanks for the tip, def not going to find out if its true or not...just gonna believe it is, might help me stop :flowerforyou:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of this, only the left side though.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yeah I totally do this! I alternate sides so both are equally swollen! I only seem to do it when I'm deep in thought or worried though.
  • skowalska
    Options
    im a virgo ...im a born worrier! haha im doomed
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Me too! I thought I'd grow out of it but I'm 47 and still doing it, usually when I'm stressed, or bored, or typing on the computer..............lol!
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    Yep....when im deep in thought or nervous about something
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    I think it only happens to me when i am eating too fast. other than that, it's my girl friends...LOL
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have little tabs on the sides of my cheek too. I'm not entirely sure if those aren't just natural though. When I was a kid I used to bite at them on purpose, and on the insides of my lips. I still do when acutely stressed out, but I try not to. I'm a hypochondriac, and I learned that repeated damage to the same place can cause cancer. Eek.

I thought I was crazy for having these damn things, too. Now I feel better.