Super Bowl Bust

Options
I was so determined to not over-indulge in super bowl snacks and I totally blew it. Spicy Buffalo wings, sweet potato fries, veggies & dip...baked lays...I woke up today feeling l ike a blob of disgust.. I woke up with a ton of water retention, hands swollen, etc. Ladies, does anyone get this when they overeat (obvious water rentention)?

And, how do you overcome when you have a "not so planned" day the previous day?

Replies

• junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Chug your water today!
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    I didn't do awful this weekend, but I didn't do well either! First, I kind of love to feel icky after a binge; it reminds me that eating right makes me feel GOOD! Eating poorly makes me feel BAD! Eat healthy today, have a great workout, drink lots of water and herbal teas. I think you'll find within a day or two you'll be back to normal. I hope I do!
  • cwainwright78
    cwainwright78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just start fresh, everyone has one of those days where everything is just way too tempting. Use yesterdays blunder to make a perfect today. Do one extra activity that you wouldn't normally do..... a dreaded house chore that takes energy (cleaning the kickboards in all the rooms) or going 15 more minutes on the tredmill something that when done will make you feel good that you did it so you can overcome the guilt you have from yesterday. It's in the past just move forward!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, so today I'm having lots of h2o, exercise, and veggies.
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I went over by about 700 calories and 1500mg sodium (plus fat, sugar, etc)!!! I felt terrible last night and woke up with a stomache this morning. I am determined to not let it beat me though!! I have already drank 4 glasses of water, did my workout and drank a protein shake. I am going to try to eat light today: salads and such, to make up for it.
    I would say drink tons of water and really watch your sodium intake today. Superbowl only happens once a year, Thank Goodness!!
  • cardozojoann
    cardozojoann Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I over ate last night and i feel like a blimpe. but atleast i know that i can lose the water weight really fast. Im never going to do that again. I feel sooooo icky. :sick: :frown: :sick: :frown:
  • DoubleAA
    Options
    I did ok this weekend. I did have a few beers and a few too many Jager Bombs.

However, I'm very broken hearted that my Colts lost..... *sniffle*
  • monica1515
    Options
    Thank you all!

So many great people on here willing to offer personal experiences & advice.

Sweetteacher123 --> I love your way of thinking!! " I kind of love to feel icky after a binge; it reminds me that eating right makes me feel GOOD! Eating poorly makes me feel BAD!" That is a fantastic way to look at it.

Water, Water, Water, veggies, some exercise, and move forward. Thank you all so much <3

Like Michelle said: "Superbowl only happens once a year, thank Goodness!"
  • Nanalmw
    Options
    I didn't do well either. I ate a LOT of carbs to get ready for a bike ride that didn't happen, because it started raining.... So I sat and watched TV ALL DAY (all the way up to the end of the Super Bowl)! I usually drink LOTS of water and get a really good workout in the day after a fubar, it motivates to continue, because it DOES make you feel BLAH. Don't beat yourself up, just knowing that you did wrong, makes you want to do right all the more. Good Luck!
  • wendyrezvani
    Options
    I'm with you...I went to the Superbowl so with travel time there was no time for work out and though I didnt do super bad on food intake but just a few beverages and it doesnt take long to go way over. I'm drinking H2O today. I have wiegh in tonight,,;-( weighed at home and looks like I gained 5lbs in one day.....how the heck????
  • monica1515
    Options
    Its water weight! You'd have to eat 3500 calories on top of the calories it takes to maintain your weight now to gain one pound, impossible to do in one day!

For example:
    I require roughly 2900 to maintain my weight
    I'd have to eat 6400 to gain one pound / 32000 to gain 5 lbs.

Its mostly water, don't worry :)