Tamera's Peach Cobbler Oatmeal Delight!

Options
So if you have been craving something delicious like peach cobbler or just want a truly satisfying low calorie, nutritious breakfast give my oatmeal recipe a try! It is great for refuel days or carb cycling days for energy.

Ingredients:
Large Peach (The nutrition facts for this particular recipe reflect an 8.5 ounce portion of sliced fresh yellow peach)
1/2 cup whole grain old fashioned oats
Pinch of salt
1 cup water
Butter Flavored or Canola spray oil
1/4tsp Ground Cinnamon
I Packet Stevia or Splenda
1/2 Cup Almond Milk (The nutrition facts for this particular recipe reflects Silk Original Almond Milk)
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray

275 Calories as Shown / 54 Carbs / 5 Fat / 8 Protein / Sodium 75 / Fiber 9

*This is a large portion so you can half it for a smaller amount or add protein powder to the oatmeal and then half it for additional nurtitional value or on lift days!

Spray a small non-stick pan with spray oil and add sliced peaches. Lightly spray peaches and toss in the pan. Over low to medium heat sautee the peaches allowing them to brown and crisp in areas before tossing every two mintues or so. Once you start to smell the peaches cokking and they begin to sweat sprinkle stevia and cinnamon evenly and toss.

oatmealcobbler1_zps838b5c80.jpg

While the peaches continue to cook pour 1 cup of water into a small sauce pan, add pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling add 1/2 cup of oats and stir. Return to a boil and then allow to simmer on low with lid on for an additional 5 minutes or until cooked but not dry.

oatmealcobbler2_zps4921cd3a.jpg

Once peaches are golden brown and tender but not mushy remove them from heat and allow them to sit. Scoop cooked oatmeal into a bowl (larger than the average cereal bowl) and pat down with a spoon. Spray top of oatmeal with I can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray and dump peaches over the top. Lightly spray the peaches as well and pour the 1/2 cup of almond milk over the peaches and oatmeal.

oatmealcobbler4_zpsb368f340.jpg

oatmealcobbler3_zps9bcc1add.jpg

This is truly delicious and satisfying any time of the day and does not require additional sweeteners unless you just like it super sugary!

Enjoy!

Replies