Thursday Check In Group - Feb 4/10

Options
Yo yo up again this week ... understandable ... constipation, medication, bingie binging, and tow TOM is visiting. It's all good ... I've been good this week and I know it. The scale will just have to figure that out. I hope all is well with all of you.
11397.gif
January 7 - 184 lbs
January 14 - 180.5 lbs (-3.5 lbs)
January 21 - 182 lbs (+1.5 lbs) (-2 lbs total)
January 28 - 180 lbs (-2 lbs) (-4 lbs total)
February 4 - 182 lbs (+2 lbs) (-2 lbs total)

Replies

• sheri5734
    Options
    Hey Ladies, it seems our group is shrinking again. Hopefully we will get some people joining us soon. I am down 2 lbs this week :bigsmile: I wasn't sure I was going to have a good week because I took a couple of days off from the work outs due to not feeling 100% but today I made myself get back on that treadmill and do it!
    Congrats on your trip Maggie hope you have a blast, just keep thinking bathing suit and that will inspire you!
    SW 240
    CW-230
    GW-175
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Up 3 lbs this week! :sad: I have had a really hard week. I found out last Friday that my mom has COPD and Emphysema. On Saturday we made a vow to both quit smoking. I have not had a cigarette since. Of course my waist line is paying the price. I am doing better today but rest of the week has been pure hell. I went over my cals everyday. Thought that I would be okay because I stayed under 2,000. Figured that I wouldn't lose any weight but not gain any either. WRONG! I am sure some of it is water weight. Did eat a little too much sodium this week. I wasn't planning on checking in today out of fear. I am glad I did though. I think the binging has halted at last. I hope everyone else has had a great week.
    Sheri congrats on the 2 lb loss. :flowerforyou: I have also noticed the shrinking group. I hope you guys stick around. It feels so good to have great ladies to vent to when things are not going so great and to brag to when things are going really great. I have really appreciated the support that I have gotten since I joined back in October.
    Maggie I am sure you will have a great trip. My hubby and I are planning on going to Oaxaca, Mexico next year. He has family living there. From the looks of the pics his mom has sent me OMG I think I will never want to come back.

Have a great day ladies!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hey Ladies, it seems our group is shrinking again. Hopefully we will get some people joining us soon. I am down 2 lbs this week :bigsmile: I wasn't sure I was going to have a good week because I took a couple of days off from the work outs due to not feeling 100% but today I made myself get back on that treadmill and do it!
    Congrats on your trip Maggie hope you have a blast, just keep thinking bathing suit and that will inspire you!
    SW 240
    CW-230
    GW-175

Hey ... way to go with the 2 lbs. loss ... woo hoo!!!
  • magglett
    Options
    Up 3 lbs this week! :sad: I have had a really hard week. I found out last Friday that my mom has COPD and Emphysema. On Saturday we made a vow to both quit smoking. I have not had a cigarette since. Of course my waist line is paying the price. I am doing better today but rest of the week has been pure hell. I went over my cals everyday. Thought that I would be okay because I stayed under 2,000. Figured that I wouldn't lose any weight but not gain any either. WRONG! I am sure some of it is water weight. Did eat a little too much sodium this week. I wasn't planning on checking in today out of fear. I am glad I did though. I think the binging has halted at last. I hope everyone else has had a great week.
    Sheri congrats on the 2 lb loss. :flowerforyou: I have also noticed the shrinking group. I hope you guys stick around. It feels so good to have great ladies to vent to when things are not going so great and to brag to when things are going really great. I have really appreciated the support that I have gotten since I joined back in October.
    Maggie I am sure you will have a great trip. My hubby and I are planning on going to Oaxaca, Mexico next year. He has family living there. From the looks of the pics his mom has sent me OMG I think I will never want to come back.

Have a great day ladies!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom my friend ... but I'm glad to hear you both quit smoking. I quit in December of 2008 and it was pretty tough. I gave myself 6 months to adjust to it. My doctor told me that it really does make a difference in your metabolism when you quit so don't worry if the weight loss thing doesn't work like it used to. Suddenly your body will accept the lack of smoking and adjust back to what it should be doing. I also really appreciate our group and that we have each other to vent and brag to ... and I've seen pictures of Oaxaca on line and wow ... you might choose to just stay there for sure. Sending good vibes your way ... take care of you.
  • sheri5734
    Options
    Hey Rdy2lose
    Sorry to hear about your mom. Smoking is a hard thing to give up but you can do it!!!!! Make sure you keep your hands busy and not with food lol. Replace the times that you usually had a smoke with something else. Just take one day at a time that's all you can do. Good luck and vent all you want to us we will try to help however we can.
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Good Monday Ladies,

Well it has been 9 days since I had my last cigarette. I think I am getting a hold of that. I managed to stick to the plan for the weekend, that is until Suday. Had lunch with the parents at Tony Roma's. Could not resist the baby back ribs. Only ate a few though. Hopefully walked some of it off. Browsed aroung the flea markets the rest of the day. Mom is not having as much luck I am with kicking the habit. I quit cold turkey. She is taking chantix to help her and still can't kick it. She has cut back a lot though but that is not enough. I guess I just have to keep pushing her. Hope all of you had a great weekend.

I did finally get the biggest loser game for wii this weekend. OMG I really need to get back into a routine. I did the 6 min warm-up and the first 10 min of the program and couldn't go on. I was so sore Sat. could not walk up and down stairs without crying out. :sad: lol I am going to give it another oo today though. Eventually it will get easier. I hope lol.

Hope you all have a good week.

Maggie and Sheri thanks so much for the kind words and advice. It really means alot. :happy:
  • magglett
    Options
    Here's to a brand new week ... you can find us at ... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81137-thursday-check-in-group-february-11th