Fitbit

Options

Replies

• pattyg1821
    Options
    I have bodymedia -same concept as fitbit. I actually considered fitbit before bodymedia but I went with bodymedia because i found on ebay for cheap.

Reguardless of which one. I did find that wearing mine I would forget at times i had it on.

I have realized at work that I do burn alot of cals like more then 1000 cals at work for 8 hrs and Im a nurse. I do take lots of steps. Its pretty right on about when I take the most steps at work.

I like the idea of knowing how many calories I burned in 24 hr and don't even have to track them manually.
  • pattyg1821
    Options
    lets me concentrate more on my eating.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    so it is only estimating calories burned through the pedometer function or, let's say if I were doing something like 30DS, will it calculate calories burned with my hr increase?
  • smorrison1408
    smorrison1408 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love it, often forget I am wearing it and get mad when I forget to put it on. I am mad that they came out with a new version, as I just bought mine a few months back. It is soooo motivating. One of the best things I have purchased!
  • yogagirl1111
    yogagirl1111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    love it. just don't really feel comfortable sleeping with it on but other than that it is a great buy/gadget if u can afford it.
  • smorrison1408
    smorrison1408 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    They just came out with a new version that doesn't track sleep and is cheeper...around $60. It was a great purchase if you ask me. I have the ultra though.
  • HMToomey
    Options
    Add me onto the Fitbit Love Boat! I set my activity level to sedentary and let it fill in the blanks. Everyday is different and it helps me to judge better.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my fitbit. I have the ultra and wear is in the front of my bra and can't tell it is there unless I do a "fitbit check". I find it to be a great motivator to keep my activity levels up.

There is an new version coming on in Oct that has an improved clip and bluetooth syncing. I plan to upgrade. I travel frequently on the weekends and don't always want to lug my laptop so I can sync.

You will find yoursel doing weird things like parking far away from a store entrance just to log more steps or taking a differnt route to get places to walk up an extra set of stairs.

^^This exactly! I can't wait to upgrade mine!
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine...I do not plan up upgrade to the new one because I don't think it track sleep and that is a feature I really like. I litterly turned around and and went 20 minutes out of my way yesterday because I forgot to put it on. I wear mine clipped to the front of my bra and never feel it. I am looking forweard to when I reach my goal and being able to use it to maintain. Right now I know that I just need to stay at least 500 calories under the calorie reading. It is really a good motivational tool...
  • HMToomey
    Options
    But it also tells you how many calories you burn through out the day, right? I mean, is it not really THAT accurate for that purpose? Because that would be the #1 reason I want to buy it.

Mine is pretty accurate. It tells you how many calories you burnt during the day, how far you went, how many steps, how active you were and the time. I consider it a more discreet version of a body bug, or a pedometer on steroids.
  • Tiffvess
    Options
    How accurate it is depends on the time you put in to the fitbit website filling out the profile and answering the questions it has. If you don't tell it all of the information it requests then the numbers won't be accurate. I did and found that the metabolic burn rate it calculated for me was 13 calories (0.5%) off what the doctor performed medical test said it was. To me that was extremely accurate. It is so comfortable to wear that I have actually forgotten it was on.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love mine, only regret is not getting it sooner. I did not realize how little activity I actually was getting in. I am eligible for a new phone in January and getting the Iphone 5 and will also be upgrading my Fitbit and getting the new one so it syncs to the phone!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I love mine because it tells me to eat more!
  • Bonny619
    Options
    I don't know why this is confusing me so much. SO is it SOMEHOW calculating my hr?
  • Bonny619
    Options
    I googled. No, it's not actually tracking my hr. I'll pass but it does sound fun!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Fitbit and would be lost without it! I accidentally left it at home one day and was so upset that I had no idea how many calories I was burning! LOL
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Ultra and *LOVE* it! If it were to be irretrievably lost or damaged, I would get another one (actually I would upgrade to the new One which is waterproof and will sync to my iPhone.) I clip my FitBit to my bra during the day, do a spot charge while I'm in the shower and; clip it to my underwear at night. I don't notice while I'm wearing it; but if I *don't * have it, I freak out! It's been invaluable in my Eat Less & Move More approach to my weight loss campaign.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    No it tracks your general activity levels. A HRM is better for gym sessions or non-walking/running based activities.
  • jquarequio
    jquarequio Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the stupid question but, if your at the gym and your riding the stationary bike does it track your movements?
    Thanks
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the stupid question but, if your at the gym and your riding the stationary bike does it track your movements?
    Thanks

If you use the wrist strap that you use for sleeping and put it around your ankle it does. Or you can clip it to your shoe or sock.