does anyone follow a meal plan?

Options
please share if you do!

Replies

• FIT_Beanie
    Options
    Do you mean planning your meals in advance? daily or weeklyor do you mean a plan that someone else has written up for you?
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    A plan someone wrote for you
  • dosmundos
    Options
    I followed Jamie Easons life fit plan for ten weeks.
  • jc86
    Options
    How were your results ?
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My trainer has me on a pretty strict eating plan. I want to try and compete in a bikini fitness competition next year, so currently I am "dieting" as if I were prepping for a show. I will share it with you if you are interested but it is extremely boring and clean. It yields great results though...
  • CharlotteLucy22
    Options
    Id like to see your meal plan? Im getting married in 5 months and getting desperate!
  • k_lindsay8
    k_lindsay8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jacquelyn - I'd love to know your meal plan if you wouldn't mind sharing! I don't necessarily need to lose weight, but would like to lose body fat, tone up and get in great shape. I would love a clean eating plan to follow. Thanks :)
  • maximmuscle888
    Options
    I made my own plan I will eat only complex carbs chicken salmon steak eggs sprout bread protein shake and protein bars?
  • browncurlz3
    Options
    I follow a meal plan set for me by a nutritionist. She gave me approved food items and I interchange them daily, and take liberties obviously, with food items on another approved list. It includes a carb and protein at EVERY meal and snack because carbs help deliver the protein to where they need to go in your body. It also includes Vitamin D and fish oil in the AM and 5HTP in the evening.
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My trainer has me on a pretty strict eating plan. I want to try and compete in a bikini fitness competition next year, so currently I am "dieting" as if I were prepping for a show. I will share it with you if you are interested but it is extremely boring and clean. It yields great results though...

I would be interested to see this please?
  • jc86
    Options
    yes jacquelyn could you please share im very interested in doing something like this
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I have one I could share, but it is for weight gain so that isn't what I think you are looking for, but here is one I know many people have lost on before. You can move some exchanges around to make snacks. Also, many people needed more in order to lose. Best bet is to go see a dietician if you want a meal plan or use myplate. Anywho, here it is. It's from an eating disorder treatment facility that also treated binge eating. Oh and it's based off Diabetic exchange Lists

Breakfast: 3 starches, 1 fruit, 1 dairy, 1 fat
    Lunch: 2 starch, 3 oz pro, 1 dairy, 1 fruit, 1 veg, 2 fat
    Dinner: 2 starch, 3 pro, 1 dairy, 1 veg, 2 fat

Snacks were a carb or a carb and dairy when added.

Basics here are that 1 starch is and 15g carb. A fruit is 1 cup or one piece fresh fruit (different for dried fruit and applesauce so look that up). Veg is 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw. Fats are 5g fat for one exchange. Dairy is the basic individual yogurt or one cup milk (again you can look up for other things.

IMPORTANT: Plans are based on individual needs so really you should adapt to your needs and its best to see a dietician. This is just an example of something that worked for most of the people there. Some people lost way too much and needed snacks. Other people didn't need snacks. So it all changes.