10k Success!!!!

Options
joehempel
joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
Today I ran a 10k with the goal of under one hour. Last 10k I did was 75 minutes...last year...called Conquer the Hills lol.

I had taken basically the entire summer off due to ALOT of positive life changes....and started about 2 weeks ago getting back into running.

When this 10k came up and was incredibly in-expensive to run, I decided to do it. It was farther than I've run in my "rebuilding" period....I've run a half marathon before....but I thought I could handle it.

So I set out this morning to run my race feeling pretty good...less sleep than I wanted, but felt damn good. Ran a bit to warm up, then headed to the starting line:

Gun fired, and off we went.....first mile I clocked in at 8:09, I knew that was too fast, and sine I knew my target pace was 9:39 for under one hour, I backed waaaaay the hell off.

Second Mile was 9:08, much much more comfortable.....Third Mile, 9:05, so pretty much right on pace....I decided to just take it easy after mile 3....slow down again so I could finish strong. Mile 4 and 5 were 9:25, while Mile 6 I walked a bit to watch a plane land (it was at an airport :) ). So I finished that at 9:56. I sprinted the last .25 miles and came in at:

56:52!!!! Beat my goal by over 3 MINUTES!

Oh and to top that off:

2nd PLACE IN MY AGE DIVISION!!!

2012-09-23_11-41-58_667_zps3c0acacf.jpg

Yeah, I'm happy!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!