Fitbit

Options
13»

Replies

• marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am also considering buying one of these. I was wondering if you are away from your computer for days, how long will it track? Like if you go away for the weekend or on vacation. How long will it hold the information?
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    So, I just found out, on these forums, that you can wear your bodymedia fit in your bra! The data is just plain superior to the fitbit because it uses your body temperature and perspiration to figure out how hard you're working, rather than just how many steps you take. I stopped wearing it for a while because I didn't like getting questions about it and was going to be wearing tanktops all summer, but this wearing in the bra thing is AMAZING!
  • sunshine12870
    sunshine12870 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ive been seriously considering getting a fitbit for a while now, after reading all these wonderful messages on it, im definitely going to get one.
    Now that i know there is a new one coming out in Oct i will wait til then and get that one :-)
  • coffeerunner
    coffeerunner Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love mine! In addition to my daily exercise it really motivates me to stay active all day - love getting 10,000 steps in outside my running and weight lifting.
  • sionnain
    Options
    I love mine. I've forgotten it and turned around and went back home on my way to work to go get it. :P
  • Marie294
    Options
    I am also considering buying one of these. I was wondering if you are away from your computer for days, how long will it track? Like if you go away for the weekend or on vacation. How long will it hold the information?

I think it holds the information for you for at least a week, might even be longer than that..

I love my fitbit! It's not a pain to wear it all the time. I hook it to my bra strap and NEVER notice it! (They recommend the middle of the bra, but that bothered me, and the strap seems to give me the same info. :) It's motivating to try to get to 10,000 steps every day, and I love when you go further and earn fun badges on the website. I also love the fact that it keeps tracks of flights of stairs you go up, this has me using the stairs a lot more! :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

I believe a week. I know I went away for a 3 day weekend and it synch'd all 3 days worth of data as soon as I got home. I probably put it on the charger for an hour every 10 days or so...
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have won and I LOVE it..:love: I like the motivation it gives me and the sleep mode it has also.. I am so glad I saw all the good feed back when I was looking at buying it.. :flowerforyou: You can't go wrong with buying it.. I am a Premium member with the Fitbi as well.Which gives me a trainer that gives me goals to do..
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

I believe a week. I know I went away for a 3 day weekend and it synch'd all 3 days worth of data as soon as I got home. I probably put it on the charger for an hour every 10 days or so...

I know for a fact a week because I forgot my charger when I left for the beach with my family this summer. It was not even close to being all the way depleted when I got home.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options

I know for a fact a week because I forgot my charger when I left for the beach with my family this summer. It was not even close to being all the way depleted when I got home.

If I take the charger does it go longer? Or is it a weeks worth of memory that it will hold? I have a bid on ebay and hopefully I will own my own soon.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine!! Only thing I would change is that I wish it were waterproof so I can wear when I swim. Other than that, no complaints here! :)
  • ShellyShuey
    Options
    I have the new Fitbit Zip -- after wearing the Ultra for about a year -- and love it b/c it's wireless and auto-syncs. I never have to think about it, uses a watch battery. AND it's waterproof.
  • DL717
    DL717 Posts: 31
    Options
    Love it! You don't feel it at all and it is super-motivating!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

If I take the charger does it go longer? Or is it a weeks worth of memory that it will hold? I have a bid on ebay and hopefully I will own my own soon.

It actually charges via your pc so you pretty much charge it and download the information at the same time. I hghly suggest getting one from the company instead of second hand, that way you get their warranty and customer service.
  • flowerpoweredme
    Options
    I'm a fitbit lover too..
    Where I go, fitbit goes.. I lost it a few months back and was so gutted. I ended up buying another, luckily I had picked up some overtime lol... I made up a little keyring for it after that, it clips to my trouser pocket, I'll never lose it again...

It's such a motivator.....
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I love my Ultra. Am considering getting the new One when they start selling them at Best Buy. I like mine so much I also bought the Aria scale.
  • jenilyn1990
    Options
    I just ordered my Fitbit Ultra! I'm so excited!