GPS Watch Recommendations.

Options
I'm interested in buying a GPS watch for my daily runs. I do not want one with a HRM. What do you use and/or recommend? Thanks!

Replies

• Paulette0706
    Paulette0706 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, got the garmin forerunner 410...its brilliant. I use it for all my runs and workouts. I can switch off the gps when working out indoors. Bought it from Amazon £135. Would definitely recommend it. lots of reviews on Amazon and just check out the spec on the garmin site. When I get in from a run, it automatically transfers data to my computer.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Another Garmin user here.......I have the 610 (it comes with a HRM but using it is optional) Suunto also make some very nice GPS only watches (I use a Suunto dive computer) but they're a little pricy.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    My $.02 - best deal out there is the Garmin 410 for $199 from Costco.com (w/ HRM shipped)

I have a 610, but it cost me $350 or so.
  • wfnugent
    wfnugent Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I bought the Nike+ sportswatch because I **THOUGH** it would link with my existing Polar HRM strap. Not so - I needed a new strap and strap thingy. If I had known this I would have just spent the money on the Garmin.

The Nike is decent and it is easy to read when I run in the morning in the dark but it is pretty simple and doesn't really work well for other workouts.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, you can download some great GPS programs and use that. That is what I do. I use Micoach by addidas. Tracks everything, routes, speed, pace,calories, minutes..pretty much everything. You can upload your results to there website ( the smartphone app does that automatically ) which makes it easy to analyze your workouts.