What do you drink?

Options
I need some ideas for ways to increase my water intake. I can't force myself to drink 8 glasses of water. It makes me nauseous after a while.

So what do you drink?

Replies

• emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I drink water 8 glasses, then after I drink crystal lite or sugar free kool-ade
  • katee38
    Options
    I will drink Crystal light most times when I am not in a water mood. I am trying to get to like tea but I can't drink it without sugar, that defeats the purpose.
  • sara_f
    sara_f Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I myself have the same problem so my family and I drink nothing but Crystal Light (sugar free)!!! The generic brand from Walmart is just as good as the name brand and ALOT cheaper!! I also drink out of a Camelbak water bottle....dont ask why, but I seem to drink alot more out of it than a glass and it is spill proof and I take it everywhere with me!!
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Straight up water is always best since it does not add any calories or artificial crap that is bad for you. The only thing I drink other than water is tea. Tea is a nice natural way to flavor your water without added calories.
  • oAngieMaeo
    Options
    The only problem with crystal light is the aspertame (sp??) Tea is a good way. Find some yummy fruity tea - make it cold or hot. I agree, no sugar thats just silly - or use stevia or truvia packets should you need it.
  • Lovemylife67
    Lovemylife67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Water can a little boring after awhile. I put lemon juice in mine. Not a lot, just enough to taste. Makes the water taste better and someone told me that lemon in the water can help speed up your metabolism.(sp??) Not sure if that's true or not but it's still better than plain water.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Sometimes tea
    Also benefiber to go packs, with 16 oz of water and 1 pack. 15 calories, no sugar and 3 grams of fiber to help meet my fiber goals for the day. I hate water too.
    Oh and another thing that helps me is working out. I generally get in 6 cups of water during and after a workout. Sweating makes you thirsty and the best thing to drink during or after a workout is WATER.
    Good luck!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have gotten myself to love water...that is all I drink. Before it was sodas and juices and energy drinks. Not anymore. I will have (I know this will sound silly) 2 ounces of juice every so often but water is my primary drink.
  • cellis16
    Options
    The brand ARIZONA makes a yummy pomegranate green tea! it comes in powder form like crystal light but has no calories! Plus it is green tea! I love it when Im not in the water guzzling mood :) I bought it at Walgreens :)
  • kawade80
    Options
    Water can a little boring after awhile. I put lemon juice in mine. Not a lot, just enough to taste. Makes the water taste better and someone told me that lemon in the water can help speed up your metabolism.(sp??) Not sure if that's true or not but it's still better than plain water.

This is what I do also. I always have lemmons aroung the house.
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    I'm perfectly aware that water is the best thing to drink. But it literally makes me sick. Just looking at it can make me gag after a while. I can't force myself to swallow it. I'd rather be drinking something with aspartame in it than not drinking anything at all. (I'm not really swayed by claims that aspartame is dangerous. And yes, I've looked into it for myself. And, as someone who has a biology degree and done research for the USDA, I'm more informed than most on how to find & understand scientific information.)

I don't drink tea. Or coffee. I broke my caffeine addiction last year and I'm not going back.

But it sounds like there aren't any sneaky tips for meeting your fluid intake goals. Just the common knowledge. Ugh. Oh well.
  • Sheria
    Sheria Posts: 1
    Options
    I have to have the fizz once a day so I have been drinking 1 can of fresca a day and then water. Today I am going to buy Zevia pop as that is what is suggested in the belly cure diet. I sure hope its good.
    Sheri
  • swilson75
    swilson75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Because I enjoy drinking cold water with ice, I don't often need to replace it, but sometimes I do like to add a little something. So, if you like citrus, I would suggest adding some lime or lemon juice to your water, as little or as much as you'd like. I usually only add a few drops to a large glass of water just to add some flavour. I don't like drinks that are too sweet so just a little lime juice adds a nice taste for me.

The other option is to cut up a fresh lime, lemon or orange and just drop a few slices in your glass. I like it best with ice.
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    Because I enjoy drinking cold water with ice, I don't often need to replace it, but sometimes I do like to add a little something. So, if you like citrus, I would suggest adding some lime or lemon juice to your water, as little or as much as you'd like. I usually only add a few drops to a large glass of water just to add some flavour. I don't like drinks that are too sweet so just a little lime juice adds a nice taste for me.

The other option is to cut up a fresh lime, lemon or orange and just drop a few slices in your glass. I like it best with ice.

I've never thought of trying limes.
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm perfectly aware that water is the best thing to drink. But it literally makes me sick. Just looking at it can make me gag after a while. I can't force myself to swallow it. I'd rather be drinking something with aspartame in it than not drinking anything at all. (I'm not really swayed by claims that aspartame is dangerous. And yes, I've looked into it for myself. And, as someone who has a biology degree and done research for the USDA, I'm more informed than most on how to find & understand scientific information.)

I don't drink tea. Or coffee. I broke my caffeine addiction last year and I'm not going back.

But it sounds like there aren't any sneaky tips for meeting your fluid intake goals. Just the common knowledge. Ugh. Oh well.

I drink caffeine free herbal tea. Usually fruit flavored. Most all herbal teas are caffeine free.
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    I need tea suggestions. Herbal. No caffeine.

I've never been a tea drinker but I decided to give it a try. I'm drinking peppermint tea right now and it's bland. I'm not incredibly tempted to take another sip. A coworker suggested I add some honey. But that seems pointless. If I do that I might as well go back to drinking the low sugar Gatorades.

Suggestions?
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    My favorite teas are herbal fruit teas by Celestial Seasonings. However, just go to the tea aisle at the supermarket; you will find TONS of varieties (varieteas??? hehe). Good luck.
  • hilthealth
    hilthealth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I used to have to force myself to drink water. What I do now is fill up a 1 liter bottle of water and take with me to work each morning. I just drink out of the bottle throughout the day a little at a time, and before I know it, I have at least 2 liters down each day.

I used to buy sodas at work constantly, so I simply leave my cash at home and only take the water. I then don't have an option throughout the day, and I end up saving about $4 a day.

Hope this helps.

Best of Luck
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I drink my water w/ a TON of ice, because I like to chew on it!! I also drink a lot of decaf teas or herbal teas. I really like the Tazo brand. I'm not really a fan of crystal light anymore (way too sweet for me) and I don't do ANY soda.
  • summer6102
    Options
    I buy lemons from kroger 2.99 a bag and cut them up and squeeze them in my water then put the lemon in the water. Its a twist to the water!