obligatory friend plea!

Options
Im new, even though people have been telling me to use this forever! Now I need more friends for accountabilty! I am 5'5" 188lbs my first goal is 160, ultimate goal 150-145 which ever feels better. I am not trying to kill myself! I am going on the slow and steady path, I use a body bug to try to get a decent gauge of where I am. I bike, gym and will be doing couch 2k from scratch in about a week when i get new shoes (hey I didn't know you buy a half size bigger when running- lesson learned). Thats about it!

Replies

• mamadoka
    Options
    i just started this journey for many reasons. all i can tell you that is website has encouraged me and also holds me accountable in reaching my goals. I have became more aware of my food choices and delight in my progress thus far. I dont have self motivation when i began, but now this site has excited me each time i enter my daily activities. all ican say is first believe in yourself first. stay on this site for encouragement each time you see your goals getting closer. and lastly..you are headed for greatness with each goal you reach.
    good luck Tia
  • carolstartingover
    Options
    Doing is slowly is best as it gives you time to learn how to eat properly and not binge. My oldest and I count calories and I know some WW's folks count points. Even if I don't write it down I don't nibble so I remember what I ate and know the calories content and now much exercise I do per day. I go completely off track when watching the 21 month old grandson because i have to use all the energy to keep up with him. I lose at least one pound if I watch and chase after him for a day or 2. I need a new scale and that is this weeks goal to clean the closet and get a new scale. WE can be friends fo eva.
  • dmzf
    dmzf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can do it! One day at a time :-)
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hi Tia,

Welcome to MFP! It's great to meet you!

You've already won half the battle deciding to break your fitness and nutrition plan into smaller manageable steps. You've
    come here and you have chosen to reach out to the members here. My best advice is to take it slowly- take it a meal and
    an exercise session at a time. This is a learning curve and there's a lot to take in and apply to your life. Don't worry about
    slip ups. They happen to all of us. Just forgive yourself and move on to the next meal and/or exercise session. I hope you
    have fun, make friends and learn here. The most important thing is to know is that is a lifetime journey; just enjoy your
    journey. Best wishes, Sue
  • bopanee
    bopanee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • _Alkaline
    _Alkaline Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think it was silly of me not to point out that I am currently down 43lbs from my high weight of 235 :-) slow and steady.
  • bubblekitten
    Options
    Added! :-)
  • diane1223
    diane1223 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm starting MFP again after being away for awhile. Love the program!
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    VERY NICE!!! WAY TO GO!!!! You are in the right place!!!! Fee free to add!