Major NSV!

Options
My walk started out like all the rest. Me, a couple of the neighborhood kids, just going around the loop as usual. Then, as we came to the point where the lap ends, they all left and I continued on by myself. This almost always happens, too. Anyway, on that second lap, I passed this house.
A man was outside, posting up some political sign on his mailbox. I was almost past the house and gone, but he said "Hey, I want to tell you something."

So in all politeness, I said "Yes?"
And then he continued on to tell me that I was an inspiration to his mother and sister; that whenever they visit they always see me walking or riding my bike, and that I inspired them to go on walks too. He said one day he hopes they're over and I pass by so they can tell me themselves.

I almost burst with joy! I know that sounds so cliche, but I can't help it! It's the truth!
That comment pretty much just made my whole week!

Replies

• LAMypie
    LAMypie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm not much for words. Hence why I really wish MFP had a "LIKE" button! That's awesome!
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    Options
    That is wonderful. I am SO proud of you for all your hard work. I'm Glad that other people are noticing as well.
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Great story! It shows how a kind word can go a long way.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! :)
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Proud of ya ; keep it up
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You may have just extended their lives so yep that is a major victory. Big pat on the back for you :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    How sweet! What a wonderful story... and way to pass the torch on to others. :smile:
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Sometimes just doing what you do, what we do touches and inspires people we dont even know!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome.
    I told the person who inspired me, and she was blown away :-)

I hope someday I can be someone's inspiration :-)
  • Antonella64
    Options
    like!!!!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    what a fantastic NSV!!! Good for you!
  • clarabowling
    clarabowling Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hope there is "like" button too! :) awesome!
  • lndillon1
    lndillon1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How great! Now you will never want to miss a walk.
  • Leeannboswell
    Options
    Waaaaaaaaaay Cool! Very nice of the man to stop you and tell you that wonderful, inspirational compliment!!!!!

Keep up the good work, no telling how many others you will affect in a positive way. Mostly yourself!!!!!!!!

Best, LeeAnn
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    That's so sweet! I'm glad you could inspire someone and even happier that he told you!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    That's so wonderful...
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thats pretty awesome.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    That is great keep up the good work. I was out running the other day, I always go the same route, a man was washing his car and he asked me how far I had run I said just over 9.5 miles and had another 6 to go. He praised me and said he always saw me running and wondered how far I went. I felt very proud 2 years ago I could barely run for a minute and was 3 stone heavier.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!