FITBIT Question?

Options
I am planning on purchasing one, I keep hearing how they encourage everyone to stay active. My question is : If you go away with no internet how long will it track? Do you have to sync it with your computer regularly or can it store days and then sync?
Thanks for your help

Replies

• natesmom89
    natesmom89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I looked it up at Fitbit.com: The Fitbit will store 7 days of minute by minute data and 30 days of summary data. The battery typically lasts 5 days.

Personally, I've been out of town for 4 days and synced when I returned home. No problems. I LOVE my Fitbit!
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It seems like everyone really likes them.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I went on a 7 day cruise - didn't need to charge it and everything synced when I got back home to my computer.
  • rc429
    rc429 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think they are introducing a new model that will go longer without syncing/charging? Something to check into.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I went on a 7 day cruise - didn't need to charge it and everything synced when I got back home to my computer.

Awesome! That is actually one of the trips I have planned, in Nov. a 7 day cruise. Although we will be gone about 9 days I believe. But if I can get most of the info that would be great. And I guess I could always take my computer but then I might be tempted to work, and I can't have any of that. LOL

Thanks for all your help, I just bought one online and I can't wait for it to get here. :happy:
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Question....which model do you all think is the best? I've been looking at them and for me price is not a big deal (I buy my toys with my commisssions). Looking to get the best I can, so your input is welcome!
  • Raven413
    Options
    Ok, I'm sure that I'm out here alone but, what is FitBit?
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You can sync it however often you want. But ideally, you should sync it at least daily. It makes no difference how far away you go. It will track anywhere. You don't have to be near the base at all. You only have to be near the base to sync.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I got my first FitBit Ultra on the 30th but the battery only lasted 36 hours so they sent me a new one which I received on the 13th and I haven't had to charge it up again yet! If I was just buying one now, I'd be buying The One, but the Zip seems cool too, with it's replaceable battery. They won't be selling the Ultra anymore one the new ones come out.

And yes it's true...it makes you want to be more active! I had to run 5 floors of stairs the other day just to say I did my 10 for the day, and walked around the house for 2500 steps just to make it to 5000, which is my minimum goal each day.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I got my first FitBit Ultra on the 30th but the battery only lasted 36 hours so they sent me a new one which I received on the 13th and I haven't had to charge it up again yet! If I was just buying one now, I'd be buying The One, but the Zip seems cool too, with it's replaceable battery. They won't be selling the Ultra anymore one the new ones come out.

And yes it's true...it makes you want to be more active! I had to run 5 floors of stairs the other day just to say I did my 10 for the day, and walked around the house for 2500 steps just to make it to 5000, which is my minimum goal each day.

Thanks..I'm going to check them out!
  • parahsete3
    Options
    I just purchased a FitBit and love it.. I was using Accupedo on my phone, but when my battery died I couldn't count my steps, thats why I decided to purchase FitBit. I was wondering if anyone has tried or used both ? I tested them both today and got two completely different step count and calories burned! Does fitbit count calories burned when you are sedentary? Any feedback would be great!
    Thank you!
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yes, the FitBit counts calories burned by being sedentary based on the info you give it (age, height, weight, etc.).