NSV - I'm cold

Options
Bob314159
Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
I'm cold and had to wear a jacket when I went for a walk today.

Two nights ago - I had to sleep with a blanket - not just a sheet

It has got colder, butt I don't normally wear anything over my shirt in September, nor a blanket - so I must have lost enough to actually feel the cold more like an normal weight person. I'm kind of worried that when snow comes - I won't have a heavy enough winter coat.

Replies

• SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is such a great nsv! I first experienced this in summer when I couldn't stay in the water at the beach for more than ten minutes before turning blue! And to think I used to give my partner grief about it!!
    Don't be worried about the snow! Now you get to buy a new warm jacket and you get to know that under all those layers you've got a rockin body!
  • merrileeirene
    merrileeirene Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LOL. This is sooo true. I always felt so hot before and now I don't leave the house without a sweater.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Me, too! Except mine is at work with the A/C on. I have a little fan I'd have to turn on myself because I would overheat--now I'm having to bring in little sweaters because I get cold!

What a great feeling!

Congratulations!

:bigsmile:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am hoping beyond hope that that happens to me. Maybe it will alleviate more of my hot flashes. Congratulations!!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here in my turtle neck sweater as I write this..... and in the good old days I could wear a jean jacket in the middle of winter and not even bother to do it up....

sighs.... the price we pay :)
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm the opposite, I'm starting to be Able to stay warm :)
  • msmissylowe
    Options
    I have been experiencing the same thing. Great feeling and a great NSV! Thanks for sharing.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! It's an oddly gratifying NSV :)
  • newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That's a great problem to have. Congrats!
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yup! I too have experienced this. However, I realized that it's both a combination of the weight loss and the foods your eating at that time. When I eat heavy pr greasy foods, I'm hot. But when I eat fresh things I have a normal or colder inner temperature. It's strange.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    To be honest, yep. You'll struggle the winter the first time around. And the second. And maybe a third and fourth, depending on how long it takes to get to your goal. I hit goal a year ago and last winter was one of the hardest ever. Whatever. I'll take it. Your body will adjust. It's just trying to figure things out.
  • missikay
    missikay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just moved from Alaska to northern California. I have frozen my butt off all summer! It's so strange to be cold. Especially in a warmer climate!
  • nomorechub68
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I love it....I too recently have been shivering at work and I had always been the one squaking about always being HOT! Let me tell you....it is a wonderful feeling to be cold if the cause is losing weight! yipee...I was always sweating my boottee off and now I am putting sweaters on ....big NSV for me.
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hardly surprising people feel colder when they lose weight. I have lost 70lbs so far. Can you imagine wearing a coat weighing 70lbs all day, every day ? You are bound to feel a bit chilly when you take it off !
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have the same "problem" now too haha! I was always sooo hot at work and all the skinny girls would be freezing! Now I'm cold too and I have to say its pretty awesome :-) Hard to get used to taking a sweater to work though...oh well guess I'll have to make the sacrifice!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    That's great! I have experienced the same thing and and I love it. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!