First marathon down!

Options
Ran my first marathon today. Took me 5 hours, 20 minutes. First 12 miles went great then started to tire some. Managed to keep moving pretty good to mile 18 when my knee decided to go on strike. Would have to slow to a walk occasionally so it could catch up. Slowed me down more than I wanted. I was hoping to do it in under 5 hours. Family was at the finish line to cheer me on.

Will I run another one? I'll let you know that when I can walk again.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Longest race I've done so far is a half-marathon. You trained hard and persevered and accomplished something that only a small percentage of the population has the courage to even try.
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You should be so proud of yourself because that is a huge accomplishment!!!
  • atenin10
    atenin10 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment!
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You have every reason to be proud!
  • zookeepersuzy
    Options
    great job! :)
  • xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I run my first one next month.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing feat, congratulations to you!
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is a huge accomplishment and something to be extremely proud of!
  • Melolicious
    Melolicious Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi5! So many people dream of doing a marathon, so few people actual train and get it done. Congrats, it took a lot of work to get there and I admire people who put the work into the training and cross the finish line. So awesome!!!
  • fat2fitKara
    Options
    Congratulations that is quite the accomplishment! :happy:
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Ran my first marathon today. Took me 5 hours, 20 minutes. First 12 miles went great then started to tire some. Managed to keep moving pretty good to mile 18 when my knee decided to go on strike. Would have to slow to a walk occasionally so it could catch up. Slowed me down more than I wanted. I was hoping to do it in under 5 hours. Family was at the finish line to cheer me on.

Will I run another one? I'll let you know that when I can walk again.

This is awesome! Bask in your glory... you did great! I've run them... and they're difficult. Definitely not for the faint of heart!

Good job, man!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Be proud that you finished :)
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Good job!
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • okiesarah
    Options
    Wow congratulations. What an accomplishment.
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Legs are starting to recover and I can move around some now.
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Marathoner.

That is something you will now always be.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    That's great, congratulations. If you are like most of the rest of us you probably swore to yourself at the finish line that you would never inflict that on yourself again. But now, as the pain fades, you are starting to think how you might run faster on the next one.